Public Land Beast Nocks one down!!!

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Public Land Beast Nocks one down!!!

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:33 am

Congrats on a great bear!!!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 am

Congrads.

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:06 am

Yes, the rumors are true! :D 401lb. boar, 56 inch girth!! Pics and story to come but my computer took a dump, sooooo be patient! :D Public land, bowkill!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 am

Congrats Public
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:07 am

Story coming soon! I'm at work now :roll: By the way, this bear was shot out of my new Alpha and Sticks set-up! 8-) Hey Jerald, shoot me your email in a text or PM and maybe you could post the kill pics for me?? Later, PLB :D
Obsession Bows
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 am

Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 am

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 am

AWESOME! 8-) Any film?
The biggest one in camp where I was hunting was ironically exactly 401 dressed too... Thats a BIG bear! 8-) CONGRATS!
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 am

Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 am

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 am

Here's the story........Well It's been a very busy summer baiting and prepping stand sites for the 2010 Bear season! Finally Wednesday Sept.8th is here! I baited all three of my stands in the morning. Then I went back to the cabin, checked over my gear, shot my bow, ate lunch and took a little power nap! I arrived at my bait, noticed it hadn't been opened yet, and proceeded to get set-up. I was set and ready at 1:50pm. It was a gorgeous day with temps in the high 50's and slightly overcast with a good breeze to keep the bugs away! :D Things were pretty uneventful except for the birds at the bait until 6pm. That's when I caught movement upwind coming at me. It was a bear!! He came to the bait and looked right up at me in the stand :o I never moved a muscle but he didn't like that blob in the tree and turned and got on another bear trail and kept looking my way as he mosied back to the swamp he came from. He was a 150-175 pounder, nothing I had any interest in shooting. But it got my heartbeat going as I prepared for primetime when the good ones would show up! At 7:20 I heard a branch snap straight downwind of me! I turned and saw a long, tall bear coming at a good clip straight for the bait. Instantly I grabbed my bow and drew as he was behind some pines. He got to the bait and I saw that monster pumpkin head and knew he was one of the three big bears I had coming since July! He already was broadside so I held the pin on the sweetspot an extra second and released. I watched the arrow zip him clean and stick in the dirt on the other side. At the shot he never knew what hit him and I noticed all the fat ripples and jiggles as he kind of just ambled off 25-30 yards. I knew then he was a dandy bear! At about that distance I heard gagging and coughing of a animal hit through the lungs!! After a minute or so he crashed another few yards and I could hear his last gasps and breaths for air. I sent out a couple text messages that I smoked one and to start rounding up guys to help because he is a BIG bear! I waited about 15 minutes before lowering my bow and climbing down. By now it was pitch dark and I was fully charged with adrenalin! I hiked back to the truck, went back to the cabin, and ate a little supper until all seven of us were ready to go track the BEAST! As it turned out, he made it about 50 yards with a pretty decent blood trail for a bear! I was amazed at the sheer size of the bear, his feet, head, length of body, EVERYTHING! We had six guys on a strecher with my dad leading with the lantern. We had all we could do to get him the 100 yards from the swamp to the walking trail! We then strapped him on a deer cart and wheeled him the rest of the way to the truck. We had the bear to the truck at 10:30pm. Not bad!! 8-) We used a four wheeler with a winch to weigh and hang the bear. The bear broke my scale so we got him officialy weighed the next morning in town. 401 lbs. dressed with a 56 inch girth! I plan on doing a full body mount of this beast! I am honored and privileged to have the chance at such an awesome animal! I owe a lot of my success to my brother John and all my buddies who helped me bait all summer and with getting the bear out of the swamp! Bear hunting is hard work and you need good help to be able to pull it off! This BEAST was shot on public land with a bow which makes it even more special to me! What an awesome experience!
Obsession Bows
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:51 am

Wow, what a great bear! I was wondering what you were going to do with it. A full body mount will be awesome! Now on to killing a monster whitetail!
Congrats again.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 am

Beast of a bear is right! Great job, PLB :!: 8-)
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:02 pm

That's freaking awesome...!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Very cool thats a monster, congrats.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”