How to get a bait started?

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

john1984

Re: How to get a bait started?

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 am

dan wrote:
john1984 wrote:Next time I want to buy a 55 gal barrel of pure creamy peanut butter. I will mix that 50/50 with cracked corn. I will also add pancake syrup, white cake frosting, marshmallows and donuts on top. And spray vanilla extract all over, and dump a few gallons of donut oil as a liquid scent, screened out of course.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I did not get great results with peanut butter... I tried it in both Wisconsin and Minnesota and it was worth putting out but a lot of times everything else was eaten and the peanut butter was not.

But if the bear wanted to eat the cracked corn he would have to get wads of peanut butter in its mouth, therefore forcing him to eat the peanut butter. If you mix it good with other sweets. But really I'm just thinking. Your bear kills proof your full of true bear hunting wisdom.

john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:14 am

The bears in these pics were eating my mixture of cracked corn and sweets, and 6 donuts on top. I dumped 5 gallons of it on the 5th 330pm.ImageImageImage

john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:17 am

I want to kill that one real bad, but I have a feeling my chances are low

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”