Vermont Private Land Scouting/Hunting Advice

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UpNorth

Vermont Private Land Scouting/Hunting Advice

Unread postby UpNorth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 am

To the Hunting Beast team,

First off, thank you for the platform I am a big fan of all of the helpful content. I hunt on this 200ish acre private land spot in Vermont. I am hoping to get some advice, any type of advice, on how to hunt this piece...scouting too. Whether it be possible bedding, pinch points, funnels. I am well aware of the low deer density in the area, but I love to be in the woods which makes this place special. We've killed a few doe off the two main trails that cut down from the camp to the brook, but I think there is potential elsewhere. I have attached a few pics from OnX. I am hoping to stay on this property and not count on neighbor access, but could be tight to the property line if the features are ideal you think.

Basic property description is; 200ish acres (90-95% woods)
-open field close to house (holds a few apple trees)
-two trails go down into woods from the field all the way to the brook that traverses through the property
-the brook is the low point of the property, runs south to north (bottom to top of pics) elevation point rises again after brook
-the whole deep third area we have never really hunted yet, beaver pond in far corner, ravene in middle
-majority of woods is red/sugar maple, white/yellow birch, red spruce

Thank you in advance for any recommendations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”