Price per acre

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Elite
500 Club

Price per acre

Unread postby Elite » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:42 am

Anyone know where I can find how much an acre costs in Wisconsin? I would hope I'd be able to narrow down my search per county, etc.

Thanks

UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Re: Price per acre

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:42 am

This will really depend on where you are looking to purchase. Good farming land can be upwards of $10k an acre. The further north you go in the state the price per acreage begins to drop to around $2k an acre. Some guys in northern part of state are able to purchase their land by having it clear cut if it is enough acreage with enough mature standing timber.
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:44 am

Zillow can be a helpful tool to get an idea.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:49 am

I was able to get some land in NW WI (burnett county) a few years ago for $1,200/acre. Half of it was river bottoms (wetland essentially). Just sold it this past spring for $1,700/acre. If that helps at all.

Where I live, West Central WI, quality land is 8-12k an acre. Not cheap.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Elite
500 Club

Unread postby Elite » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:55 am

UncleBuck3268 wrote:This will really depend on where you are looking to purchase. Good farming land can be upwards of $10k an acre. The further north you go in the state the price per acreage begins to drop to around $2k an acre. Some guys in northern part of state are able to purchase their land by having it clear cut if it is enough acreage with enough mature standing timber.

The parcel was logged within the last 5 years. The property is in nw Wisconsin.
WiscoDisco

Unread postby WiscoDisco » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:35 am

The price will vary greatly based on alot of things. Distance from highly populated towns, tillable acres, huntable acres, how wet is it, is there an easement, is it good deer habitat, does it have timber value etc.

We paid 3 an acre 15 years ago in a swamp. Locals were outbidding us the day after it sold and got wind of it.

I say swamp because its technically in a large swamp but we can drive vehicles to it. A few acres here and there hold water pretty much year round. Its about a mile off a paved road. Dry enough to get a 4 wheeler to about half the property in fall. Plenty of deer as its in a couple thousand acre block. Borders public land. Good for general recreation. Firewood. Turkeya.
Birdhunts. Has an easement. Northeast WI.

Same general area 20 miles away there is swamp land for sale right now 40 acres for like $85k. Thats a wear your hipwaders to hunt most of the season type of swamp. No atvs. No plots. Plenty of deer but not for everyone. Oh yeah this ones been listed for months.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:22 pm

I own land in Vernon county wisconsin and prices are getting stupider by the minute lol I bought mine in 02 before I bought a home because I knew I wouldn’t be able to afford it if I waited any longer within 2 years prices doubled ......

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”