Remote monitoring

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tydaniel

Remote monitoring

Unread postby Tydaniel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am

I have roughly 200 acres of private ground that I have been working to maintain and keep deer on. So far this year I have found 3 different stands on the property which should not be there. I have the entire property clearly posted. The property is sandwiched between 2 properties which are not posted and allow hunter access. I currently live about 2 hours from said property. This makes it difficult to keep an eye out all the time. Does anybody have any methods they implement for monitoring remotely? Other than trail cams, or having a caretaker?

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Remote monitoring

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 am

What else can you do besides cell cams and maybe someone nearby to watch it?

Also - call local LEO and local GW. Talk with them about it and go from there.

Prosecute one or two and no-one will bother you anymore.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:46 am

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.
Personally, I would turn those stands into scrap metal, spray paint them purple/no trespassing and dump them on the property line where the suspected d bags are coming over.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 am

Make sure it's heavily posted with signs out of reach. Confiscate stands. If you have decent cell service you could also try the Tactacam Reveal cell cam over one of the stands. Put it in another tree 10'-15' higher than the illegal stand pointing at the stand & make sure it is hidden as best as possible so they don't even see it. I would put it to the side & behind them. That way you can get a pic as soon as they get in the stand & you can call the DNR with the coordinates & directions to the trespasser so they catch him red handed. The Reveal is an excellent cam at a great price & you can get low cost plans.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Tydaniel

Unread postby Tydaniel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:05 am

I am definitely interested in the cell cam world as I don’t currently have any. The reveal is the one I am I’m most interested in but they seem very hard to come by right now.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:13 am

Do you have a gate at your access point? I see a lot of properties where I live that have gates it tells dishonest neighbors when you're there or not. The reveals are starting to get caught up with inventory, keep checking stores that normally stock them and jump on them as soon as in inventory.
Tydaniel

Unread postby Tydaniel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 am

There is a locked gate. However people are accessing via quads from the adjoining properties.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 am

Tydaniel wrote:There is a locked gate. However people are accessing via quads from the adjoining properties.

Anyone local you could have open the gate randomly during the week? Leave it open on a Wednesday from time to time? Just keeps them honest not knowing if you're there or not. Other than that fences make better neighbors than signs, a lot of work but a fence is worth it if they're driving onto your property.
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:22 pm

If there’s quad trails from neighboring properties throw down some nails. A few flats may dissuade unwelcome visitors. Additionally post those points of entry with signs stating your are on surveillance cameras etc.
Persistence is undefeated.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm

A few mid week visits by you won’t hurt to keep them honest. In addition to the suggestions above.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Another idea are these survalence no tresspassing signs if you have the cameras or not. It sucks you have to deal with this, I'm lucky to have fairly good neighbors except for one whos a poacher but his day is coming.
https://www.revealcellcam.com/product/n ... ing-signs/

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”