Where would yall hunt

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Roxy 1124

Where would yall hunt

Unread postby Roxy 1124 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 pm

I hunted this public land last year. Lots of big bucks just saw on cameras at night. The yellow border is tall grass about 6 foot high. I really just hunted the bottom of land. Any suggestions for this year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Evanszach7
500 Club

Re: Where would yall hunt

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:22 am

Id map out the access points and find the bedding areas. I'd most likely access from the water, and check for crossings coming across the creek in the west, and walk the transition line of grass to the east. 2nd best place to start, check your trail camera pics' time and dates to work back to bedding.
Roxy 1124

Unread postby Roxy 1124 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:40 am

Yea id like to access it by water. But the boat ramp is on other side of lake at gate doesnt open up until 6am. Plus i have a big boat. Wish i had a little flat bottom. I have been accessing at the top right and walking down road at top and working my way all the way around. Takes about 25 min to walk it and its like a 2 mile walk
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 am

Based on the waypoints on your map I would scout the bend in the creek, the tall grass you circled and any other places you haven’t been going.
Make a trip in the off season look for sign and then leave it alone until next season.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”