First time hunter needs a friend with scouting.

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Skrause1015

First time hunter needs a friend with scouting.

Unread postby Skrause1015 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:12 pm

So I am hunting this managed Pine Forest were I have spotted on camera two 12 pointers. So I am trying to figured out where they can possibly be. So the circled part is the pine forest and the white markers are deer trails the black are bedding areas I have found. And the light blue markers are feeding spots the three blue spots are trees not sure what they are but some of the bottom part is completely gone. Only lightly scouted didn't want to scare anything up. But I need help. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: First time hunter needs a friend with scouting.

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Great looking property... LOTS OF SPOTS A BIG BUCK COULD HIDE. Looking from the maps only, the pines are probably the last place I would look... That might changed if I walked it, but I would expect the bucks to be in the thicker open bareas of brush. Again, hard to tell on your pics where I can't zoom, and have not walked, but some areas on that map look to be heavy brush? I WOULD LOOK TO THE DOWN WIND SIDE OF THOSE THICK AREAS AND SET UP on sign coming out and keep moving till your path crosses his. Once the season is over, get in there and find exactly where he is bedding and how to kill big bucks that bed there.
Skrause1015

Unread postby Skrause1015 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:58 pm

So do you think I should hunt the transition between the pine Forest and the timber. There's a doe bedding area on a small mount because there are four individual beds circle on one side of the mound. And theres an corn field straight across about...maybe 150 yards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Yes you should hunt it, you should scout it too. Spend as much time out there as you possibly can this off season. Learn it. Read on site here get the dvds learn more, then go scout using the new information you’ve learned. If the sign you’re looking for isn’t there move on to the next place. Learn from your hunts and scouting trips. You’re going to learn the most from your first hand experience.
PublicLand

Unread postby PublicLand » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:07 am

Where could he smell the does? The dominant buck knows all
BIG bucks are slick but like a dog peeling on every tree they own their turf.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”