KY Public Land Help

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ribpoker1

KY Public Land Help

Unread postby ribpoker1 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm new to Public Land hunting and started this year off scouting an area close to home. I seen a monster on multiple occasions right at dark before season came in. Opening day I decided to throw a set at an area I felt the deer would be bedding or at least traveling to based on tracks and heavily used trails. When I got to the property for the first evening of season, the place was covered up with other hunters. I never seen anyone but their were probably 8 different trucks throughout the property. I set up in the area I was planning to hunt and seen 10 does and fawns but never seen a buck. I got down when I ran out of shooting light and headed to the truck. When I got to the area I had been seeing the buck I watched as he crossed the road right in front of me.

Can you guys give me some tips on where you would set up to hunt this deer? I'm not sure if he made it or got shot but I have been back and seen some pretty good tracks that lead me to believe either he or another good buck will be there next season. On a side note this area is an archery only WMA that doesn't receive gun hunting pressure except for the youth season. Thanks for any help.

**The red line in the satelite image is where he is appearing fairly soon after dark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

may21581
500 Club

Re: KY Public Land Help

Unread postby may21581 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Not enough info. Where are you and the others parking? Where were you hunting? Where is all the others parking and heading? Wind direction, ect.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”