Duck Potato/Arrowhead planting.

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Slinghunter1974
Facebook: Troy M Bowie

Duck Potato/Arrowhead planting.

Unread postby Slinghunter1974 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Hey Guys, maybe some of y'all know about this but it may take the Serial Killer himself to answer as I've heard he's done it before. I need to know about planting Duck Potato in the marsh. I have read that it needs to either be sewn directly onto the marsh in late fall, or if you plant in the spring to put it in a jar with sterile wet plant medium and refrigerate for 2 months then put in the sun at 70° till you see germination.
That said, when you go to place it outdoors how is it the safest to sew, in standing water, or in mud? I've heard sun needs to be directly on it but also heard it will grow in up to a foot of water. Does it need to start off in mud then deeper water is ok once established?
Any tips on which method is best, forced germination or letti g it happen on its own? I have a pu lic that I hu t and there is a muddy pond in the middle of the marshy woods way far out. I've never seen people there and never seen boot prints either, so I'm hoping I can make a little honey hole that I could hit a few times a year and hopefully no one else will hit it at all! Thanks for any help you can offer!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”