Changing my setup

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigndn76

Changing my setup

Unread postby Bigndn76 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Looking for some advice on how to hunt the property near me better. I’ve hunted this property for 12 years no and have had great luck on harvesting does. I’ve seen one decent buck early season a few years ago come down the south field edge right before dark otherwise most the buck activity I notice is during the rut.

Majority of the vegetation inside the red line is average 6’ tall schrubs.
1. My only tree stand in the property. I’m in the biggest tree on that south tree line. Very heavy game trail goes north and south under the tree and east along the same tree line.
2. Very large rub on a apple tree trunk, about 4’ off the ground with usual scrapes in the area
3. elevated box blind for my father

Blue Circle: Cat tail patch that runs North West towards the woods, have had luck kicking small bucks out on drives during the gun season

Green Lines: Poplar Patches that have had small rubs, watched a majority of deer exit the woods in the middle row of the 3 patches.

I have permission to enter the property from the house on the south tree line. Winds I try to hunt now are usually a prevailing North wind. Any suggestions on where others would set up and use what winds? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”