Hunting Strategy

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wmason1234

Hunting Strategy

Unread postby wmason1234 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:11 am

Being new to the hunting beast, I'm looking for a little advice. I watched the farm bedding DVD and it helped me but real life scenarios on maps seem to stick more.

I tried to include as much detail as possible.
The green outlined areas are grown up old fields that are assumed bedding.
Orange line is a rub line (and 1 scrape) of my target buck.
Blue is a season creek, it doesn't always hold water but with the wet year we've had it has water in places.

Over the summer I had two good bucks on camera walking the fencerow that runs east-west. I have two cameras in there but am hesitant to go check now.

I'm assuming on a west wind (primary wind) the bucks will bed on that far east point and watch the field with the wind coming over the hill and blowing over the back of the deer. Two weeks ago the beans were still standing and the buck was bedding in the middle of the bean field. Not really sure about bedding on straight north or south winds. Pretty sure the beans were just harvested last weekend.

Before knowing about the hunting beast, I would always access from the north and occasionally from the east. I'm able to access from the south which the deer should not suspect. I'm thinking about hunting over the dropping persimmons on the south end which are tucked into the corner of one of the bedding areas where the pond and fencerow pinch together. To me, this would be a good observation stand location with the chance of also harvesting a doe.

Looking for some opinions, thanks!

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”