Seeking some advice on this topo

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ryan
500 Club

Seeking some advice on this topo

Unread postby Ryan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:01 am

Assuming there is a NW wind, i have a few questions for you guys
1.would you guys say that i accurately depicted where the deer are likely to bed? there is only a 10-15 foot difference in elevation
2. i noticed that guys set up on the leeward side of the hill expecting to see the deer traveling on that leeward side, would the deer be walking right into your scent? in steep terrain i understand that guys hunt higher so their scent goes over the deer but in this instance with only a 10 foot difference do you guys think this setup would still work?
3. lets say thermals did come into play here, the thermal would be rising up the hill in the evening, but since there is a swamp with water in it, wouldnt the swamp pull the thermal back down so it would ultimately cancel out if the water was warmer that the air?
4. how far do you have to be away from a swamp so that the water wouldn't suck your scent into it?

Ryan
500 Club

Re: Seeking some advice on this topo

Unread postby Ryan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:53 am

one last question after doing more research..in relatively flat country like this would bucks use these small hills the same as they would in big hill country? with only a "point" of a hill being a 10 foot difference?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 am

bowhunter1322 wrote:one last question after doing more research..in relatively flat country like this would bucks use these small hills the same as they would in big hill country? with only a "point" of a hill being a 10 foot difference?

You marked the beds a little low.. I would of put them on about the same elevation you have the blue stand at... The next little knob to the west looks good too... BUT... Low hills like that right next to a swamp? I would bet there bedding in the swamp, but I would check those knobs to be sure.
Ryan
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 pm

awesome thanks for the help dan

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”