Need some insight on a new farm

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beartown18
500 Club

Need some insight on a new farm

Unread postby Beartown18 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 am

I recently was able to obtain a new lease, roughly 300 acres. This land is really thick in some spots, but I have only been on the actual property one day. It has some pines that are pretty open with good rows(Paper Mill land). It also has a very nasty cut over thicket and plenty of open hardwoods. There is virtually no crop land with in 15 to 20 miles of here. I would really like to stay out of the property until bow season so if I could get some insight on possible buck bedding locations or obvious good areas to hunt that I could be missing that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

Here is the farm, prevailing winds are the white arrows.
Here is the topo, red is the boundaries.
Here is a shot of the land with surrounding properties.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Need some insight on a new farm

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:01 pm

I think the blue dots would be potential buck beds. I like the saddle I circled orange. I normally like a little deeper saddle than that but the side of that long point kind of leads right into it. I think the thick stuff could have some doe bedding in it.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Beartown18
500 Club

Re: Need some insight on a new farm

Unread postby Beartown18 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:19 am

Thanks for the response Stanley. I have marked my topo on my computer to compare with you guys, I missed quite a few but I am trying to get a hang of this.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”