Would Like Some Input

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
evangorp
Facebook: evangorp66@hotmail.com

Would Like Some Input

Unread postby evangorp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Well...its been awhile since I have been on the site, thanks to a random PM from Deerslayer, and many PM's back and forth he kind of gave me a kick in the but. I got overwhelmed a year ago because I was having a hard time figuring out some of the public I hunt here in Iowa, and found that last year I reverted back to my old ways of hunting. I saw lots of deer, shot one doe, but still didn't feel satisfied as I wasn't seeing what I feel the ground is capable of holding. I am hoping some can offer some input on the attached maps to help me understand a little better what I am looking at now that I am a little more familiar with the ground. The yellow line is the boundary of the property, the white dots represent where I sat last year, and the blue lines indicate from where I witnessed deer movement. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

evangorp

Re: Would Like Some Input

Unread postby evangorp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Here is a topo I could find, not much to it, relatively flat based on this topo besides the creek! There is more ground to the north that can be hunted, but it is very similar in terrain. There is also a marsh on northeast part of the timber that is off limits to hunting.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:18 pm

I will take a better look at this tonight after work. If I forget, bump it.
evangorp

Unread postby evangorp » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks Dan, I hope to go out once and check some spots, then stay out, this will give me somewhere to start

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”