Help with some pressured land...

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mzldr2

Help with some pressured land...

Unread postby mzldr2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:08 am

Hi everyone,
I am looking for some help o this piece of property. I have been hunting here for over 7 years and been fortunate to see a lot of nice buck (for this area). 2 years ago, about 200 acres to the SSE was purchased and posted and there are 8 guys that hunt during archery season (not all at same time, but they have stands that they go to exclusively and I tried to mark them (white markers). At the same time, the area to the east was inhabited by 2 guys that go to the same stands EVERY morning. Last year, those 2 guys shot 2 buck ~130" and wounded another. One of the guys in the SSE corner also shot a 140" buck.

Up until 2 years ago, I had almost the entire area to myself and hunted a corridor b/w the motorcycle club and a the edge of a thicket (these are noted by the little hunter icons.

After studying the Hill Country Bucks videos and reading all the great posts on here, I've come to the conclusion that after 20 years, I am still clueless about archery hunting.

Based on the map below, the area I have to hunt is public land and the small SE corner of private ground, where I usually drive in and park (private gate -- it is motorcycle club) I am fortunate to have a very flexible schedule and I can hunt pretty much when I want to. Last year I sat saw very few deer due to what I suppose is the massive influx of hunters. The areas where I put deer are the fields where I can regularly see deer in the evenings as well as shine them....but so can everyone else.

The State game lands really don't receive much pressure during the weekdays during archery season. A good # of guys on Saturday's, but I usually don't hunt the weekends.

The prevailing wind in this area is usually out of the WNW to the WSW. Occasionally will get an E wind, but rarely.

I've been out scouting and found beds up on top where the NO 246 is noted on the map. I'm looking for any suggestions as to possible stand locations and how to approach them, as well as any other suggestions about how to approach this area. I have utilized the info on HCB to find several new areas, scout them, find beds, pick a stand and be ready for the fall....what a rush!

BUT, This area though has me stumped...I know there are mature buck here, and my goal is to be able to find them, even with all the pressure to the E and S.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

mzldr2

Last edited by mzldr2 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

ozzz

Re: Help with some pressured land...

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:41 am

I cant see the pic.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
mzldr2

Unread postby mzldr2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 am

Hmm...not sure what is up...it is showing up on my screen.....
mzldr2

Unread postby mzldr2 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:17 am

Picture Fixed.....I hope.

If more maps or different maps are needed, please let me know....
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:23 am

I can are it now

[ Post made via Android ] Image
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”