Advice on Food Plot(s) and Stand Sites

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
Primetime41

Advice on Food Plot(s) and Stand Sites

Unread postby Primetime41 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 am

I'm looking for some advice on a property I've been hunting since I first started hunting as a kid. A lot has changed in the area, and I think it's time to change my approach as well, or atleast explore my options.

Here is an overhead picture of the property. I can also provide a topo (although there isn't much elevation change, so I don't think very much would show up on a topo) and zoomed in maps. The rectangle section of woods that includes the oak trees is a hill that may have an elevation change of 10 feet or so.

http://mob1363.photobucket.com/albums/r ... 7c759e.jpg

The red lines are property lines, they yellow is bedding areas, and the green is potential food plots.

The major bedding areas seem to surround this property to the W, NW, and N, and I was thinking that putting food plots in the places shown could help to pull them onto the property more frequently.

I've been trying to do some research on what to plant, but it can be a bit overwhelming with so many options. I was thinking of trying Slayer Seed's Crimson Trail in the small plot wih vertical lines and Awesome Antlers in the larger plot with horizontal lines, but maybe there is something better out there. I would maybe need to plant something on the edge of the larger plot to make the deer feel more secure because there is a recreation trail that passes right by it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Primetime41

Re: Advice on Food Plot(s) and Stand Sites

Unread postby Primetime41 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 am

I just realized that my picture didn't post correctly. I'll re-post when I get home tonight.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:26 am

The picture in the link is really small.
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 am

I know, I tried to re-post the pic, but photobucket is acting up for me. I will try again tonight on a different computer.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 am

Primetime41 wrote:I know, I tried to re-post the pic, but photobucket is acting up for me. I will try again tonight on a different computer.

Photo bucket has been acting up for me lately to... Have you tried useing the H/B PHOTO GALLERY? It works like Photo-bucket.
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 am

dan wrote:
Primetime41 wrote:I know, I tried to re-post the pic, but photobucket is acting up for me. I will try again tonight on a different computer.

Photo bucket has been acting up for me lately to... Have you tried useing the H/B PHOTO GALLERY? It works like Photo-bucket.

No, I will try that though. Thanks.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Here is the pic, but it's small and hard to see.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”