Great Lakes Walleye 101

• Advertisement

HB Store

elk yinzer
500 Club

Re: Great Lakes Walleye 101

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 am

Erie fishing is just off the charts insane right now. We limited out of Eastern Ohio under 1.5 hours both Friday and Saturday, and throwing back all the fish under 18". Nice mix of eater size fish 18-23 but nothing huge.

Friday it was all plugs. Reef runners, bandits, thundersticks all in naked color, my favorite Eastern Basin color, or lack of I guess. Using leadcore and snap weights to get 35-40 feet down in 50+ fow. We had an absolute firedrill at one point catching 4 at once and 6 fish in a span of less than 10 minutes. Stayed on that school and couldn't keep our rods in the water.

Saturday it was all dipseys and small spoons, same depths but the plugs weren't doing anything. The action was so fast we didn't even switch over the other rods and replicate what was working, we just sat there and let 1 rod catch 11 of the 12 fish in the box.

Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:58 am

elk yinzer wrote:Erie fishing is just off the charts insane right now. We limited out of Eastern Ohio under 1.5 hours both Friday and Saturday, and throwing back all the fish under 18". Nice mix of eater size fish 18-23 but nothing huge.

Friday it was all plugs. Reef runners, bandits, thundersticks all in naked color, my favorite Eastern Basin color, or lack of I guess. Using leadcore and snap weights to get 35-40 feet down in 50+ fow. We had an absolute firedrill at one point catching 4 at once and 6 fish in a span of less than 10 minutes. Stayed on that school and couldn't keep our rods in the water.

Saturday it was all dipseys and small spoons, same depths but the plugs weren't doing anything. The action was so fast we didn't even switch over the other rods and replicate what was working, we just sat there and let 1 rod catch 11 of the 12 fish in the box.

I was there a couple weeks ago and it was just stupid easy. Limited out all 5 days we were there and the rest of our group limited all 8 days they stayed. Usually 2-3 hours with 4-6 guys in the boat. But we only fished about 25’ of water which was nice.

I’m spoiled with awesome walleye fishing in Wisconsin. But Erie is unreal
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

Awesome post. Thank you.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

• Advertisement

Return to “Great Lakes Fishing”