Buck bedding tendancys...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mbone1327

Re: Buck bedding tendancys...

Unread postby mbone1327 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 am

Agreed I want to get on the island. Thought about doing an observation sit on the other end of the trail and then going in.

Good point about not using the entry trail. Need to figure out a game plan for doing that. The swamp is very deep in most areas. Thanks headgear.

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:11 pm

You could put a camera where that trail hits the mainland. Then you can find out what's using the island, and when they are moving. If he's getting to the mainland during shooting, then you should be golden. Typically the mature bucks aren't going to be getting there until after dark.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
mbone1327

Unread postby mbone1327 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:46 pm

That's what I did. Got a pic of one mature doe so far. I wouldn't be surprise if mature bucks stay on that island for long periods of time without leaving.

The entry trail is perfectly situated for our dominant NW winds. All scent blows right down that trail to what I think is their primary bedding area even though it's in the open.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”