Aerial Private Land Map (Marked Bedding)

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckharasser150

Aerial Private Land Map (Marked Bedding)

Unread postby Buckharasser150 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Sorry my previous topic here was not good. Putting private land photo up with marked bedding. Mostly flat with the doe bedding on south side of screen being the highest points on property, as well as being thick. I like to think I have decent idea of how deer are using property and how to hunt it, but I would love to see what your guys thoughts are on how deer may be using property and how to hunt it. Big help would be on what winds the buck beds where. We seem to have 1-3 mature bucks per year bedding on this property, if not bedding then at least using.
Buck Bedding=Red
Permanent Tree Stands=Blue
Doe Bedding=Green
Known Rubs=Yellow (Again I only put yellow where I fully remember from tracking wounded deer where rubs were or from walking)
Beaver Dam Crossing=Black
Cut ATV Trail=Purple
On south side by big doe bedding area, rubs everywhere so didn't mark yellow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Lockdown

Re: Aerial Private Land Map (Marked Bedding)

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 am

That is a sweet looking property. Lots of bedding there. The big islands are going to hold bucks for sure, but they won’t necessarily be on the islands themselves. If there are clumps of brush or high spots just off the island, they love to bed in that fashion.
Buckharasser150

Re: Aerial Private Land Map (Marked Bedding)

Unread postby Buckharasser150 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:03 am

Lockdown wrote:That is a sweet looking property. Lots of bedding there. The big islands are going to hold bucks for sure, but they won’t necessarily be on the islands themselves. If there are clumps of brush or high spots just off the island, they love to bed in that fashion.

Awesome thanks! I am planning on hunting youth season which is mid October. If I have not harvested buck by then. Do you think that bucks would be bedded on that NW island smelling does? If so, how could I set up with rifle in hand without blowing wind off that point to bucks next to doe bedding? Will the bucks bed there regardless if they can or can’t smell does?
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”