Look who I met while scouting

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: Look who I met while scouting

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:45 pm

rfickes87 wrote:I drove 3 hours to scout Ohio public one time and I finally got there and parked and got out of the truck and a cut little white dog and this giant mean looking ostrich came running down right to my truck. I jumped back in the truck as fast as I could. That ostrich was mad! he stood right at my driver side window staring at me. I left, never went back. I'm not scared of coyotes or bears but when an Ostrich comes at you... :snooty:

They taste like chicken when deep fried lol.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Was a big Emu boom in my area in the early 90’s. Just eggs were selling for a thousand. Didn’t last long b4 the bottom fell out. Folks just released them in the woods. Was seasons I saw more Emu than deer. In hindsight I wish I would have tried some Buffalo Emu wings. I haven’t seen one in over 10 years not sure what happened to all those suckers.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:05 am

rfickes87 wrote:I drove 3 hours to scout Ohio public one time and I finally got there and parked and got out of the truck and a cut little white dog and this giant mean looking ostrich came running down right to my truck. I jumped back in the truck as fast as I could. That ostrich was mad! he stood right at my driver side window staring at me. I left, never went back. I'm not scared of coyotes or bears but when an Ostrich comes at you... :snooty:

I has a Swan run up on me before from this guys yard, It open his wings and was spitting at me, the wingspan was HUGE and he was at least 3 feet tall, I grabbed my knife and remeber thinking "If I have to kill this Swan this guy is going to be VERY mad". I just walked away fast.
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
Mossberg90MN

Unread postby Mossberg90MN » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:36 am

That’s awesome hahah happens to me a lot when Turkey hunting. Some of those farm dogs just run out into the street without a worry, concerns me someone’s gonna hit them, I had to be real careful on a road In Iowa when 2 dogs ran into the street around sunset.

Hahah I tell them to go home too

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”