camera photo-import question/problem

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Macintosh

camera photo-import question/problem

Unread postby Macintosh » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:53 am

Wasnt sure where to put this question, I tried contacting the manufacturer and got less than nowhere, so maybe someone here can help.

I have a couple trail cameras that I use for local scouting and mostly just for fun to get pictures of critters. When I check the camera, I have a iphone and a apple-brand lightning-to-SD-card reader that I bring. I pull the sd-card, plug it into my phone, download photos, and there is a popup that always comes up asking if I want to delete the photos from the SD card. I delete them, put the now-empty card back in the camera, and I'm off.
The other day I did the above, but there was no popup window to delete the images. I tried about 16 times, re-imported, turned phone off and back on, backwards, forwards, and sideways, and nothing worked--the pictures imported fine but I could not delete them the way I have for many years.

I imagine this was yet another ios update that was supposed to make life better and easier, but which took away some useful feature...has anyone else had this problem? Have you found a way to delete the images from the SD card from your phone?

Thanks in advance.

thwack16
500 Club

Re: camera photo-import question/problem

Unread postby thwack16 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:26 am

Format the sd card from the trail cam. That will delete the pics.

Seems to be best practice to do that even if you deleted them elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”