2015 scouting found doe's where's the buck?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

killinbucks

2015 scouting found doe's where's the buck?

Unread postby killinbucks » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 am

Well I was able to scout and find some promising sign. I found around 20-25 beds in the area in the first photo. There were 4-5 beds with in 20' of each other at each push pin. Some others scattered near those areas. leaving me to believe they are doe areas. No large beds or rubs.

Here is the area a bit zoomed out.

I wasn't able to check out the south west corner this trip Any ideas on set up for this spot? There is a good tree on the north end by the bedding area that I didn't mark. I think this spot will get pressure too. Would setting up in the south east corner be an option it has a few tree's that might work and had lots of beds along the whole southern fence line. Thanks for the input.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: 2015 scouting found doe's where's the buck?

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:23 am

Based on the parking lot, and your comment about pressure, I would probably not hunt this spot unless I found sign of big bucks. If bucks spend any amount of time there, you should find big tracks and rubs. If I were to hunt it, that south fence would catch my eye as an over looked spot that could hold a nice buck if there is no pheasant hunting in the grass...
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:13 pm

I'd hit it one more time looking for the sign Dan mentioned in the spots you haven't scouted. Where that access road comes in at the top of the picture, that last small clump of trees before you hit the main block of trees is worth a quick look. A buck may be watching you come in and out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
killinbucks

Unread postby killinbucks » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:36 pm

I will check our this spot again after a fresh snow. I may keep it as a doe spot. I think hunting it in the mornings will be best since it seems they come in there to bed. Probly just early or late season hunts. The search continues for a buck to hunt this fall. Thanks for the advise.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”