Check out this picture and tell me what you think?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

basspro05
500 Club

Re: Check out this picture and tell me what you think?

Unread postby basspro05 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:
basspro05 wrote:It is not super close to a food source, about 300 yards to the north, but there is a major highway and a large creek between the food and the point where I found this.

Sad though I think it may almost be unapproachable... The only way you can enter the property is the wood lot that borders the highway, and it is very mature and wide open so from that beds vantage point, you can see everything...

Hunt it first while the canopy is thick. You should be able to get in there.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I'm definetely going to go back in with a little fresher mind and check this out again...my hunting buddy and I were super frustrated when we walked on to this piece of land, because the county map showed the public ground being a little bigger, but the surrounding land owners had there boundary lines marked in a few spots we suspect are actually public...but we are not going to push the envelope.

Just need to check it again with a fresh attitude. You are right though, early season with a thick canopy is our best approach for sure!

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:58 am

I have seen that in a case like trapper describes... close to a primary food souce in a winter setting. Looks like an awesome spot along the creek...

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:05 am

Bucky wrote:I have seen that in a case like trapper describes...[glow=red]close to a primary food souce in a winter setting.[/glow] Looks like an awesome spot along the creek...

Same here. Beds like these are common along field edges in the winter.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 am

Sweet find! Looks like deer to me but ive also found mounds of porcupine crap. But you can tell the difference pretty easily. I cant wait for the snow to melt, I just want to scout already :(

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”