Deer scouting and hunting in florida

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

armyguy221

Deer scouting and hunting in florida

Unread postby armyguy221 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Hello all. This may be a long pose so I apologize in advance. I am a new member to the forum and wondered if anyone here is either from Florida or who has hunted Florida previously and had any advice on scouting for Florida deer. I am going to be going on my first hunting outing after my eighteenth birthday and I wanted to know a few things as a new comer. Dan, I have your DVD's and was inspired by your field and stream article to really learn to hunt deer like a "beast".
I have watched all of your movies and I love them. Only, I am a little confused on how I can apply these tactics
to Florida. I saw in the F & S article that you had this website and I knew I had to join. I have read some other
posts on here and the stuff the you, Dan, and the rest of you all on this site do is simply amazing. The pictures
of the monster bucks on this site are unreal. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical to join, but after i joined and
saw how nice and respectful everyone was I am really glad that I did. It took a lot for me to write this but if anyone
has any advice at all feel free to post. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. ;) :lol:

Jackson Marsh

Re: Deer scouting and hunting in florida

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Read all of Palmettokid 's posts.........he is a buck killing machine, he hunts Florida.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:00 am

Hi Army Guy and Welcome to the BEAST! As mentioned above, Palmetto kid has really been knocking the Florida bucks down, I m sure he will have some good advice for you when he sees this post.
As for me, I would say the tactics in the DVD's work every where, you just have to weed out what don't apply to your area... Bucks are still going to bed the way they bed everywhere else, and the object is still to get close enough to kill them in daylight. Just you don't have snow, and we don't have alligators.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Read all of Palmettokid 's posts.........he is a buck killing machine, he hunts Florida.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

X10 - No Joke!
He's the orange state deer assassin!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks for talking me up guys, lol.

dan wrote: As for me, I would say the tactics in the DVD's work every where, you just have to weed out what don't apply to your area... Bucks are still going to bed the way they bed everywhere else, and the object is still to get close enough to kill them in daylight. Just you don't have snow, and we don't have alligators.

This is on the money. I was amazed at first how almost everything directly applied to where I hunt, but really it just makes sense, deer are deer.

Army guy. Welcome to the forum. What part of the state are you in? Are you hunting public land or private? You can feel free to PM me anytime with any specific questions. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. I am still trying to figure it all out as well, but I have hunted just about all over the state...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
armyguy221

Unread postby armyguy221 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:17 am

Thank you all so much for the advice. Dan, I will definitely take your advice and find what specifically applies
to my home state. Palmettokid, I will definitely be hitting you up man. Again, thank you all so much for the
help.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:21 am

Welcome to the beast! 8-)
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”