to scout or not to scout...

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
bblefty

Re: to scout or not to scout...

Unread postby bblefty » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am

Nice scout. Can't wait to get back out.

Craaaig

Unread postby Craaaig » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Some of the excuses for not scouting are rediculous, just say you don't feel like scouting and you want to be lazy instead. All the talk about waiting for good weather is just crazy. Sickness or cold I don't blame ya depending on severity. But to say the weather isn't up to par for you to scout is just a lousy excuse!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:13 am

Congrats on the findings, but if Im not feeling well, Im not hitting the woods. I have no problem scouting in July when its hot/miserable out,but Im 100%. As I get older I realise not feeling well can mean many things, not worth being out where nobody knows where Im at if it ends up being something serious. Sure its easier to see a few things this time of year, but I dont sweat it if I miss 1 scouting opp, there are months left to find new things. The downside if there is one, is with foilage its hard to see far, but if you know what your looking for, beds are easy to find anytime of year. After seeing how close Dan sets up on these bucks, I dont think foilage much matters. :lol:
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 am

kenn1320 wrote:Congrats on the findings, but if Im not feeling well, Im not hitting the woods. I have no problem scouting in July when its hot/miserable out,but Im 100%. As I get older I realise not feeling well can mean many things, not worth being out where nobody knows where Im at if it ends up being something serious. Sure its easier to see a few things this time of year, but I dont sweat it if I miss 1 scouting opp, there are months left to find new things. The downside if there is one, is with foilage its hard to see far, but if you know what your looking for, beds are easy to find anytime of year. After seeing how close Dan sets up on these bucks, I dont think foilage much matters. :lol:

Ken, I have to respectufully disagree- comparing bed hunting now to bed hunting in July... there are major differences. And there are many beds I hunt that I wouldn't have a prayer of finding in July.

Awesome that you got to spend a day with Dan, that can put you light years ahead of the curve!

I don't scout if it could be life threatening- but if I'm only a little under the weather that won't stop me. 8-)
Timmy

Unread postby Timmy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 am

Yesterday I had a great day scouting and wanted to get out today and pick up where I left off. But yesterday on the walk back to my truck my back went out and for a second I didn't know if I'd make it back to my truck! I took a little rest and managed to hobble back to my truck. My back is still a little sore today so I dont know if I risk it. I think I'm gonna take a few pills and see how it feels..
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:16 am

Timmy wrote:Yesterday I had a great day scouting and wanted to get out today and pick up where I left off. But yesterday on the walk back to my truck my back went out and for a second I didn't know if I'd make it back to my truck! I took a little rest and managed to hobble back to my truck. My back is still a little sore today so I dont know if I risk it. I think I'm gonna take a few pills and see how it feels..

Ouch! That doesn't sound good... better take it easy for awhile.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”