Went out today 12/31

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Darin
500 Club

Went out today 12/31

Unread postby Darin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Did we get a snow storm recently? :lol: Wow... walking was tough today. Snow was a foot deep every where with drifts well over 2ft deep. Walked about a mile along the marsh edge and corn fields looking for tracks. Not a single deer track. The marsh I hunt is very large so im sure the deer are in there some where, just suprised to find no sign in any parts of the corn fields. Hmm.. wonder where they are feeding? Would a foot of snow cover stop all feeding in this particular part of the property? Or maybe they are feeding there at night and the snow blows the tracks over. Did notice on my walk back when I intersected my tracks back to the truck that they were starting to get blown over. Did find a ton of bunny tracks in some lowland by some willow trees and small thickets.

Also just about every 5ft in the willows the underbrush and shrubs like this have rubs and really torn up. 8-)

Jackson Marsh

Re: Went out today 12/31

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm

The snow is a killer! We got off easy last year, will probably pay the price this winter.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 am

Looks like the DNR needs to work on eradicating those rabbits in your swamp for chewing up all those dogwoods!!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:48 am

Looks good.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:Looks like the DNR needs to work on eradicating those rabbits in your swamp for chewing up all those dogwoods!!

:lol: I could take care of it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”