Buck bed

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Buck bed

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 am

Hopefully the pic uploads! This little patch of woods is know for holding some good bucks. The yellow dot is a bed Iv seen bucks come from. The red would be my stand. Gray is my entrance trail. I belive they would be bedded there on a SW or W wind. If its SW i can get on him. West might give me away. Any input on this spot. Also if you wana mark other potential bedding be my guest! Farmland.

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Re: Buck bed

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 am

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:23 am

Iv thought about setting up on the right side of the bed. If I come around from the top of the woodlot I should be fine. Its swampy thick bottom so the buck wouldnt be able to see me.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 am

Your plan sounds fine.. I am wondering about your direction marks though? Most map sites always have north straight up...
I like the hard to see funnel above the pond where the brush necks down and enters the woods... I also like just below where the funnel that heads out of the wood lot to the east is. Looks like there is a bedding finger shooting down along that East edge...
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 am

dan wrote:Your plan sounds fine.. I am wondering about your direction marks though? Most map sites always have north straight up...
I like the hard to see funnel above the pond where the brush necks down and enters the woods... I also like just below where the funnel that heads out of the wood lot to the east is. Looks like there is a bedding finger shooting down along that East edge...

Seems like when I use my compass out there North is slightly off then what it is on the map. Ill have to check out above the pond. The pinch to the NE between the two fields is a good rut funnel also. Nice woodlot with mutiple options.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”