Question for Dan

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
spring creek

Question for Dan

Unread postby spring creek » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Dan, I had your video on Hill Country (lent it out and it forgot how to come home,,,I really need to get another) abnd was wondering...I live in the Deep South and our country isn't as hilly as some of that up north. Do you think the same tactics would apply or do I need to modify my approach some? If so, what would you suggest?

Actually, the vid on marshes might apply in some areas here too. But I mostly hunt hill country. They are pretty steep but not really high.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Question for Dan

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 pm

spring creek wrote:Dan, I had your video on Hill Country (lent it out and it forgot how to come home,,,I really need to get another) abnd was wondering...I live in the Deep South and our country isn't as hilly as some of that up north. Do you think the same tactics would apply or do I need to modify my approach some? If so, what would you suggest?

Actually, the vid on marshes might apply in some areas here too. But I mostly hunt hill country. They are pretty steep but not really high.

I see bucks bed with termals and wind as discribed in the DVD in areas with small hills too... Some of the spots I hunt in S.E. Wisconsin have hills that only have 10 to 20 foot rolling type elevations and still have bucks bedding the hills in the same mannor as steep hill country. Its not nearly as pridictable, but certainly applies.
I would really suggest you purchase both videos. I think there is a lot of info in each, but I might be biased. ;)
Not trying to push a sale, just being honest. Would be glad to answer any questions you have...

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”