Advice needed! Lake Eerie fishing trip. Stay or go?

• Advertisement

HB Store

Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Advice needed! Lake Eerie fishing trip. Stay or go?

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

So my buddy and I have been planning a charter fishing trip on Lake Eerie. It's scheduled for late next week. As everyone has heard about this Corona virus and Ohio on lockdown should we still be going? I'm not too worried about the virus itself but more worried about the ability to travel there and back and to actually be able to go fishing once we're there because I'm assuming it's not considered an essential job. I'm supposed to be back to work the following Monday so I can't afford to get stuck out there but my friend had already put down a deposit and I'm not sure if it would be refunded even under these circumstances. What would you guys do? Any Ohio guys who can reassure me the trip would be fine or not?

Huntress13
500 Club

Re: Advice needed! Lake Eerie fishing trip. Stay or go?

Unread postby Huntress13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:26 am

I'm not sure you can practice social distancing on a fishing charter boat. I wouldn't be too afraid of getting stuck there, but there are other concerns. What if in another week the numbers increase a lot in the area you are going, or if the charter guy tests positive, or somebody at the motel you stay in (if its still open?). They may let you travel home, but you would have to self quarantine for 2 weeks, along with everyone in the household of you and your buddy.

You have to act like anyone you come in contact with is infected. Stay distant, limit touching things other people touched, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face. Gas pumps, door handles, things on the boat. And be prepared to have your family quarantined for 2 weeks if exposed, or worse, have someone be one of the 15% needing hospitalization if they do get it.

You have to weigh the risks and then also see if the places are still open. Even if they are open now, they might not be next week.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
jmaas07
500 Club

Re: Advice needed! Lake Eerie fishing trip. Stay or go?

Unread postby jmaas07 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:23 am

Michigan dnr shut down charter and guide trips

• Advertisement

Return to “Lake Fishing”