Are You A Hardcore Trout Angler?

• Advertisement

HB Store

LenH
500 Club

Are You A Hardcore Trout Angler?

Unread postby LenH » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:51 am

Does your vehicle smell like fish because your net has been used so many times it reeks?

http://lenharris.blogspot.com/2016/07/a ... ngler.html

Abishai

Re: Are You A Hardcore Trout Angler?

Unread postby Abishai » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 am

I'm not sure if I'd consider myself hardcore or not, but I do enjoy trout fishing. I don't fly fish, but hit the Little Red River every chance I get. Went a few days ago with my Dad and we kept 7. Caught about 3 limits total, but they made us work for it. The Corps didn't generate that day so the fish were deep, but it was nice being on the water. I'll probably hit it again this week sometime. I enjoy eating trout too. Fishing for them is pretty fun. I enjoy going with my Dad and FIL.

“If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.”– Fred Bear
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 am

:lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't get out nearly as much as I would like, but I can answer yes to every question in your blog. I do quite a bit of fly fishing here in Pennsylvania. Some of the more well known destinations in the region I frequently visit are Kettle Creek, Sinnemahoning Creek, Little Juniata River, and Spring Creek. Also Erie tribs for steelhead, although it seems to have gone downhill lately. Weather is not a factor, I will pick up and go any day out of the year if I have the urge.
Greg4579

Unread postby Greg4579 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:47 am

Fishing, much more than hunting (until recently) has been my primary passion. I have gone through phases as to what species I am targeting. In my youth trout ruled the day, and in my 20s-early 30s bass was everything. I used to do tournament bass fishing, but life, marriage, and kid have put a stop to that. In the past two years I have really gotten back into trout fishing. I fished at least once a month last year.

As for methods, I am a spin fisherman who uses a lot of fly fishing tactics at times. By that I mean I have one rod rigged with siglon-f floating mono and then a long flouro leader to something like a trout bead or a bead-headed nymph. I also love to fish jerkbaits for trout.

Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 am

I used too be, but my job has stepped in the way quite a bit the last few years. I still love to get out and go some here at the local streams. But I still make a it up to fish in Erie tributaries and up in New York in the lake Ontario tributaries also. So I guess I'm still pretty hard core just not as much.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”