Fly fishing for trout

• Advertisement

HB Store

csoult
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Open-Air-P ... 137422734/

Re: Fly fishing for trout

Unread postby csoult » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 pm

I've fished Slough Creek in Yellowstone, one of the most iconic fishing trips of my life. Going back to Montana this year to fish the Madison and the Yellowstone. We'll probably hit the park up too.

brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:12 pm

Ive never fly fished but ive always wanted to learn. Fly fishing a stream that cuts through the forest just seems more "zen like" that fishing a lake w boats and skiers everywhere
ERICBROOKS

Unread postby ERICBROOKS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:14 am

Gotta love a nice rainbow taking a woolybugger or your strike indicator burying on a nymph setup!!!!
Nickburke1
Facebook: Nick Burke

Unread postby Nickburke1 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:59 am

Euro nymphing rod and line with a few squirmy worms, mop flies, egg patterns, and girdle bugs is literally all you need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always dream big
Yoder

Unread postby Yoder » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:41 am

I finally tried a fly rod for the first time yesterday. I bought a super cheap 3wt euro nymph rod 5/7 reel and a pre made leader setup since I don't know what I'm doing. I watched a how to series about nymphing on the White Dog outdoors youtube channel. It's a 5 part series that explains everything you ever wanted to know about nymphing. I wound up catching 8 trout in about 4 hrs. I had at least 10 more hooked that got off. They were all smaller stocked trout but it was fun. I fished the same creek a week ago with my spinning setup and didn't catch anything. I can't wait to go out again.

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”