Season so far

• Advertisement

HB Store

James
500 Club

Season so far

Unread postby James » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 am

This is trout / fly fishing season number 4 for me now. I've reached a point where I feel relatively confident catching trout every time out, but I am no longer content just catching the smaller browns (<15") I really go out of my way to target the bigger fish. My best to date is a very thin 19" Brown that came this spring - still trying to break the elusive 20" mark and I would love to catch one of the big fat monsters that I see and read about.

Anyone else target the big browns in the small spring creek streams? Here are a couple photos from a few different outings this year.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Season so far

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:16 am

Nice fish James... I targeted them when I was younger, but have not ever fly fished. I got my biggest browns on crawlers.
LenH
500 Club

Unread postby LenH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm

I am a big trout junky with spinner.
i fish tight quarters not appropriate for fly rod.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:03 pm

I used to look underneath bridges during the day for big browns and try to fish them out. They were usually just sitting tight not interested in taking any bait until dark then they would move upstream in the open to feed. Then hit them with a streamer when they moved up toward dark. I would usually catch 12+ inch Rainbows with a wooly bugger in swirling eddies behind big rocks on one fast moving stream in Pierce County. One spot usually held a couple nice fat rainbows every time and they were pretty easy to catch with a fly rod.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”