Golden Day

LenH
500 Club

Golden Day

Unread postby LenH » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

I was driving home and I saw a guy fishing in a trout FREE zone. It was nothing more than a ditch with some water in it. I saw he had Illinois plates and I decided he needed a little help.
I stopped and talked to him. He was a beginner trout angler and this was his maiden voyage. We talked a while and we then went to a good stream in the area.

He parked at the top/end of his fishing point and he got in with me and I dropped him off at his beginning point after I gave him a couple panther martins.

I just got this email from him:

Dear Len,

Thank you for your help on Sunday. You gave me a terrific gift that I will always be grateful for. Before you said hello to me I had exactly 32 casts for trout in my life. You turned a day that would have been forgettable into one that I will remember for the rest of my life. A day that my father in law would describe as a “golden day”.

I hit the trifecta: 1 Rainbow (first fish caught), 2 Brook Trout (1 at 12″ last fish caught) and 33 Brown Trout. Nothing over 12″ but they are really fat. I missed more than I caught. I had cranes flying 20 feet over my head and the barn swallows kept me company. No hassle from any bipeds. It was a terrific day and I hope I can return the favor. I saw the fish hit the spinner you gave me in that clear water and did not loose it, but I did have to get it out of one tree, barbed wire and a bush. This was a day that a boy living with his 7 million closest friends could never have dreamed of. I am going upstream next time for a few for supper.

I hope you have a most excellent week and that our paths cross again.

Best Regards,
Jim Schloss

We Wisconsin folks are known for our friendliness and willingness to share.

Jackson Marsh

Re: Golden Day

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:52 am

Way to help a fellow fisherman out!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 am

Len, your a great man!!! 8-)

I somewhat disagree with this though:

We Wisconsin folks are known for our friendliness and willingness to share.

But hopefully guys like you, me, and our friends can change that. I think kindness is contagious. But in the same, so is hatred and meanness... :clap:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am

:clap:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 pm

That is awesome! Its really satisfying to see others be successful because of help you gave them
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”