The Bull Of The Woods

• Advertisement

HB Store

LenH
500 Club

The Bull Of The Woods

Unread postby LenH » Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 am

Scott Blumreich and his father typically fish every opening weekend together. A big group of friends get together and camp in Vernon County. The Blumreich's are from the Green Bay area. There is a friendly competition between the group. The person to catch the biggest trout of the weekend gets "The Bull Of The Woods" trophy. There is also a small trout trophy called "The Peckerwood."

Scott and his dad went out early Saturday morning to a stream that I gave them a tip on. Scott and his dad accessed the holes and Scott let his dad have the choice of where he wanted to start. Dad went upstream and Scott took the second place.

At the end of the morning Scott was certain he secured the trophy. Scott caught a 26/22/14 incher. Dad caught a fattie 16 incher. Both returned to the campgrounds and basked in their opening day glory. Winner of the trophy gets their name on the trophy and bragging rights for the year.

PLB
500 Club

Re: The Bull Of The Woods

Unread postby PLB » Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 am

That's a heckuva fish right there!! My Dad caught a 24 inch brown and its on his wall!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue May 07, 2013 4:14 am

8-)
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 am

Mna o man.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

Nothing like a big ol' brown. I'd love to have small stream big ol' brown on the wall more than any other fish! Shooting for a 24".

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Genesis 27:3

"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”