Rome pond...

• Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Rome pond...

Unread postby dan » Mon May 14, 2012 7:09 am

I was just out with Carol kayaking in Rome pond and man were the carp active. I was able to actually hit a couple with my paddle. I would imagine anybody in a boat would kill a pile of them.

BigHunt

Re: Rome pond...

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 am

sounds like fun ....

is there any plans for a get together this year?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

I was off last week. Spent alot of time out on winnebago. Each day when coming in to load the boat up. There was one or two boats all decked out with alot of lights for bowfishing. Some of them were pretty set up!!! Pretty cool looking rigs. They must be doing good. I am thinking about looking into getting a little 14 footer set up like that for next year. Looks like that would be alot of fun!
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 am

We have been getting them the past few nights in Michigan! We Stand right in the water and shoot them at our feet 8-)
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Mon May 14, 2012 12:06 pm

PredatorTC wrote:We have been getting them the past few nights in Michigan! We Stand right in the water and shoot them at our feet 8-)

PredatorTC where you at in Michigan?
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Mon May 14, 2012 1:41 pm

rack addict wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:We have been getting them the past few nights in Michigan! We Stand right in the water and shoot them at our feet 8-)

PredatorTC where you at in Michigan?

Powerplant
Missionman

Unread postby Missionman » Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Predator TC means he shoots carp at the sheboygan powerplant that is on Lake Michigan
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm

I just got a new boat and we tried running it in rome pond last weekend and it sucked, the weeds gummed up the prop and it was so shallow we couldn't run a couple hundred yards from the launch. Its a 16ft jon boat and the motor was tilted all the way up. Is there any sort of a channel going through there Dan? Maybe next time we are out that way with the boat you can join us and navigate lol I was not too impressed we went out there to shoot carp and scout for duck season but we ended up doing neither and leaving. :cry:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I just got a new boat and we tried running it in rome pond last weekend and it sucked, the weeds gummed up the prop and it was so shallow we couldn't run a couple hundred yards from the launch. Its a 16ft jon boat and the motor was tilted all the way up. Is there any sort of a channel going through there Dan? Maybe next time we are out that way with the boat you can join us and navigate lol I was not too impressed we went out there to shoot carp and scout for duck season but we ended up doing neither and leaving. :cry:

Yea, most guys out there use in-line motors made for silt filled ponds... There is a channel, but with a regular motor you will have issues. A canoe might work better if you could stand to shoot and drift over them. Could also try the other side, its deeper if you go under the bridge, and we seem carp over there too...

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”