Best dates in western KY

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Southern Buck

Best dates in western KY

Unread postby Southern Buck » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm

I’ve been going out of state to western Ky the past couple years and was wondering when you guys tend to see the best rutting activity in that region?

By my calculations, the pre rut should begin somewhere around Nov 4th, but I’ve heard several guys talk about the last few days of October and the first few days of November.

The biggest deer I’ve seen while there was on November 2nd and it was an absolute slammer. I’ve been there anywhere between the 2nd and 11th. Weather was awful last year and the action was almost nonexistent 7-11 with temps pushing 80 each day, so idk that I can make any serious judgments based off that.

Any help would be appreciated.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Re: Best dates in western KY

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Your all over it. Thats a good time frame for rut hunting. Closer to Tennessee would be kinda on the later end of it. Weather is a factor as well
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”