Missouri Public - Question from Future Resident

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RuskiBow
Facebook: Samuel Letunovskiy

Re: Missouri Public - Question from Future Resident

Unread postby RuskiBow » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Been living in Missouri since 2006. Really only started taking bowhunting beast style seriously for past 2 years and am still very new to it. Trying to learn the best I can. However I have seen some very nice bucks in Mark Twain NF from trail cams, and while rifle hunting. Have not had the chance to kill a nice one just yet but I’ve had some close calls and misses! :?

That being said, I’ve had some buddies shoot some nice deer off of public land. Honestly in my experience, the areas I hunt in Mark Twain are not that heavily pressured compared to the amount of land there is to hunt. One can definitely get on some good deer if they are willing to put in the work.

I would say the public land parcels that have more ag fields, corn, etc.. are more heavily pressured than the NF areas due to the fact that not a lot of people want to climb up and down the big rolling hills of the NF. :lol:

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person"

-Fred Bear
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:17 am

I have spent the majority of my time hunting in the central, east central, and north eastern areas of the state, but I would say there there are nice deer all over MO as far as I have seen or heard. There is a great deer population, and an abundance of public land. There are quite a few hunters, but I don't seem to have a problem with running into too many people.
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:32 am

dan wrote:Kind of off subject, but I enjoy filming my hunts, and not being allowed to film your hunts in missouri would be a deal breker for me

I always wondered why I've never heard about you hunting MO. I knew you aren't supposed to use trail cams on state run land (MDC) but never heard anything about filming your hunts... The only thing I've seen are in the area brochures they state "trail and game cameras are prohibited", but I can't find anything in the deer & turkey regulations that says anything about filming hunts. Are you sure you are not allowed to film your hunts here in MO?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Brad wrote:
dan wrote:Kind of off subject, but I enjoy filming my hunts, and not being allowed to film your hunts in missouri would be a deal breker for me

I always wondered why I've never heard about you hunting MO. I knew you aren't supposed to use trail cams on state run land (MDC) but never heard anything about filming your hunts... The only thing I've seen are in the area brochures they state "trail and game cameras are prohibited", but I can't find anything in the deer & turkey regulations that says anything about filming hunts. Are you sure you are not allowed to film your hunts here in MO?

You can, but if you monitize your videos you have to get a very expensive permit to do so...
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:59 pm

dan wrote:
Brad wrote:

You can, but if you monitize your videos you have to get a very expensive permit to do so...

interesting. I just saw some youtube videos the other day of a guy on public in MO. Do you know if that monetizing includes getting money oif they start playing ads on a youtube channel? I haven't tried filming, but was wondering if I did and ended up posting some on youtube (without the intent of making money from it), but they start putting ads that generate income, would that be legal or not?
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Brad wrote:
dan wrote:
Brad wrote:

interesting. I just saw some youtube videos the other day of a guy on public in MO. Do you know if that monetizing includes getting money oif they start playing ads on a youtube channel? I haven't tried filming, but was wondering if I did and ended up posting some on youtube (without the intent of making money from it), but they start putting ads that generate income, would that be legal or not?

https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands ... tion-areas

My understanding is that you have to monetize your YouTube account before it is for financial gain. 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours seems to ring a Bell. So you’d be good to do it as a hobby.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”