Deerfest 2021 West Bend, WI

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Deerfest 2021 West Bend, WI

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:57 am

I forgot MartyMoose. Super nice guy. I guess he doesn’t post much, but a great guy to chat with.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:03 am

greenhorndave wrote:Heck of a good day. I should have taken pics, but we had the usual Beast Gear crew (Dan, Mario, Rick, Big Hunt, JoeRentmeester, etc) plus forum folks Tim, Deerhuntermark, Jackson Marsh, Stash59, Uncle Lou, UncleBuck3268 and all the way from Iowa… muddy! Sorry if I’m forgetting anyone. Great to meet folks and talk hunting. And the Beast booths were hopping. Fun day.

Shoutout to you Dave for going to pick stash up after his neck surgery. It’s things like those that rings the Beast community together behind the scenes. Also good seeing and chatting with you sir.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:22 am

greenhorndave wrote:
clandestine.misfit wrote:
muddy wrote:Alarm is set for 0300. I'm meeting a Madison area local racing group at "Firemans Park" in Verona @ 0630 to do 2 loops on the Ironman bike course. Then afterwards a nice baby wipe shower in the truck and onto Deerfest for a few hours. Doubt I'll help close any bars down, but one never knows.

I was absolutely floored when I heard how many miles you put on today. Good for you, what a feat. It was great to meet you :)

What time were you there? I missed meeting you unfortunately!

I got there around 5:30
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 am

greenhorndave wrote:
muddy wrote:Alarm is set for 0300. I'm meeting a Madison area local racing group at "Firemans Park" in Verona @ 0630 to do 2 loops on the Ironman bike course. Then afterwards a nice baby wipe shower in the truck and onto Deerfest for a few hours. Doubt I'll help close any bars down, but one never knows.

I was absolutely floored when I heard how many miles you put on today. Good for you, what a feat. It was great to meet you :)

You know… I might have seen you in conversation with Uncle Lou. :D I didn’t have any idea it was you and didn’t want to interrupt to find out. You were too clandestine? :D Next time!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:12 pm

greenhorndave wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

You know… I might have seen you in conversation with Uncle Lou. :D I didn’t have any idea it was you and didn’t want to interrupt to find out. You were too clandestine? :D Next time!

Sounds likely. If it was me i was the smart **** tall gal
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:36 pm

That was a fun filled Saturday. Good to meet people.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:18 pm

That was an absolute blast. Just got home. A big shout out to all who came to support (too many to list for me), and a special shout out to Greenhorn Dave for picking up Stash. Was great to visit and talk elk hunting with Stash.

Very awesome to see how far some travelled. The Lightem Up guys came all the way from Mississippi, Muddy from Iowa, and a few others, just an awesome show with exception of the very bad news I received there about our late great Singing Bridge (I did not hear until Saturday morning).
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:56 pm

It was a great time. Its amazing how many people came to me wanting to tell me how hunting beast helped them not only as hunters, but with their life struggle as well... Thats because of our great fellowship and every one of you helping people who reach out. Made me real proud of the hunting beast group and all the great members... It was also nice to see the copy cat stand company kitty corner to us with hardly anybody over there, while the good guys, us and tethard and novix, were rocking... Hmmm. maybe the thug image isn't working... Lol... anywho, it was a blast, and I truly enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to names...
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Glad you guy's had a great time, hope you sold a ton of stuff along the way. I'd love to make it up there sometime, but man that's a hike from pa.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 pm

dan wrote:It was a great time. Its amazing how many people came to me wanting to tell me how hunting beast helped them not only as hunters, but with their life struggle as well... Thats because of our great fellowship and every one of you helping people who reach out. Made me real proud of the hunting beast group and all the great members... It was also nice to see the copy cat stand company kitty corner to us with hardly anybody over there, while the good guys, us and tethard and novix, were rocking... Hmmm. maybe the thug image isn't working... Lol... anywho, it was a blast, and I truly enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to names...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:23 am

Sounds like a great time. I’m going to have to get out there one of these years
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:29 am

It was a fantastic time! Lots and lots of familiar faces! Such a great time catching up. Also got to meet so many new people and learn how the hunting beast has changed the way they hunt now. It's really cool to witness the impact Dan and the Beast is having on the hunting community.
MartyMoose

Unread postby MartyMoose » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:31 am

To the great people that I met at DeerFest, specifically the Beast Booth. Thank you for talking with me and sharing a beer or two. I'd especially like to thank Dan, Mario, Uncle Lou and Joe for taking the time out of a very busy day to speak with me. I also enjoyed chatting with Jackson about my upcoming Minnesota hunt and hope you kill in Wisconsin early so we could potentially share the same hunting ground.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:14 am

MartyMoose wrote:To the great people that I met at DeerFest, specifically the Beast Booth. Thank you for talking with me and sharing a beer or two. I'd especially like to thank Dan, Mario, Uncle Lou and Joe for taking the time out of a very busy day to speak with me. I also enjoyed chatting with Jackson about my upcoming Minnesota hunt and hope you kill in Wisconsin early so we could potentially share the same hunting ground.

Youda man Marty Moose. You shared some personal stuff that was really inspirational to me as well, thanks for coming and meeting us all. Love it when someone who doesn't post a lot shows at one of these events. It just shows that the BEAST is bigger than we think sometimes.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Wihunter95

Unread postby Wihunter95 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Was great to meet you guys! Rick is a pretty good salesman, I walked out with a beast stand :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”