Territorial Hunters

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Re: Territorial Hunters

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:11 am

mike_mc wrote:A year later I'm studying maps, realize there is more public then I had thought because of where the no tresspassing signs were. I think the guy was claiming the public as his. He got his truck stuck in the parking lot and needed to be pulled out, I didn't feel bad for him.

It have seen that three or four times over the years. Everyone wants their own private preserve. I hunt the DFW maps an ignore anything else.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Buckbreath

Unread postby Buckbreath » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:11 am

For two years I had a point going into a old beaver pond all to myself. It was a short walk and I could get in undetected. I shot two good bucks there and had trail cam pics of several others. I had found big buck beds right off the tip of the point. Last year I was unhappy to see someone had cut a trail to this spot and was driving there four wheeler there to bait bear. Needless to say, the big bucks moved out. So yesterday I go in there to check everything out and I found a bear bait stump about 50 yards from the buck bed and another treestand about 10 yards from the buck bed. The treestand by the bed had about 5 scent wicks still hanging and you could see where they were baiting deer. I guess tomorrow I'm putting on some miles looking for my next honeyhole...
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Opening day of bow season a couple years ago we are flagged down by a good looking girl on the side of a forest road. At least 10 miles from a house. Big woods. So naturally we stop. Turns out her and her dad got there truck stuck and need a tow. Okay sure, be nice and all that. Drive a half mile down the trail to where he is stuck. By stuck, I mean stuck. Like water into the cabin, and mud over the axles stuck. I'll post a picture later.

So my dad and I look at eachother and say there is no chance a wrecker with a winch gets this guy out. I should also point out this guy was coming back out of the area and the first time, drove around the hole. Second time, didn't drive along the obvious new trail.

We give it a shot, but he doesn't budge. Not a shocker. Then the guy starts yelling at us saying we should give our truck more gas and try to "pop" it out. Of course we say no because chances are we will damage our own truck in the process. Well then things turn south. Finally my dad just told him to shove it, and we left.

Went back the next weekend. Truck was still there. Month later it was gone. Saw him during gun season and he was a total to us. But we got the last laugh cause his truck was totaled and he was stuck driving a geo metro :lol:

I
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:37 pm

When people are stuck and I'm driving to hunt or fish they can get very aggressive with what they think you should do with YOUR truck.
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Jonny wrote:Opening day of bow season a couple years ago we are flagged down by a good looking girl on the side of a forest road. At least 10 miles from a house. Big woods. So naturally we stop. Turns out her and her dad got there truck stuck and need a tow. Okay sure, be nice and all that. Drive a half mile down the trail to where he is stuck. By stuck, I mean stuck. Like water into the cabin, and mud over the axles stuck. I'll post a picture later.

So my dad and I look at eachother and say there is no chance a wrecker with a winch gets this guy out. I should also point out this guy was coming back out of the area and the first time, drove around the hole. Second time, didn't drive along the obvious new trail.

We give it a shot, but he doesn't budge. Not a shocker. Then the guy starts yelling at us saying we should give our truck more gas and try to "pop" it out. Of course we say no because chances are we will damage our own truck in the process. Well then things turn south. Finally my dad just told him to shove it, and we left.

Went back the next weekend. Truck was still there. Month later it was gone. Saw him during gun season and he was a total to us. But we got the last laugh cause his truck was totaled and he was stuck driving a geo metro :lol:

I

Hot girl needs help in the woods, sounds like the beginning of a horror movie lol
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:11 am

:lol: Beware hot girls in the middle of nowhere!

As Uncle Ted once said to me, "Smells like buck lure around here!"
cedarsavage
500 Club

Unread postby cedarsavage » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 am

Singing Bridge wrote::lol: Beware hot girls in the middle of nowhere!

As Uncle Ted once said to me, "Smells like buck lure around here!"

lol I'd think what is she doing here, and where's the fat guy that smells like Busch light and grizzly wintergreen
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:06 am

Jonny wrote:Opening day of bow season a couple years ago we are flagged down by a good looking girl on the side of a forest road. At least 10 miles from a house. Big woods. So naturally we stop. Turns out her and her dad got there truck stuck and need a tow. Okay sure, be nice and all that. Drive a half mile down the trail to where he is stuck. By stuck, I mean stuck. Like water into the cabin, and mud over the axles stuck. I'll post a picture later.

I

Funny what folks think you should do for them. Holding a grudge is just silly... I could not expect someone to damage their stuff cause I did something stupid.

What seems like 100 years ago (20 in real life), my wife was the hot chick who got us help. We went turkey hunting (saw 1) and went to follow a guy through a b-i-g puddle. My vehicle stopped as soon as the front wheels hit dry ground. Spent the rest of the day (8-10) hrs trying to get it out of the puddle - I was of course jacking it up and stuffing logs under the tires - often fully submerged. We spent the night and walked out in the morning. About 6.5 miles later an old guy with a kid turns around and pulls over - says he couldn't let a pretty girl walk the rest of the way where we were going (another 5 or 6 miles to a convenience store in the middle of no-where) and asked what happened - we told him... He drove right to the truck without any directions (knew the place well) and only had to put his truck in gear and mine was out. 10 seconds of effort! He wouldn't take any money but let us give the kid some money for a trip to Disney... Some real nice folks out there. No sooner do we get out of the puddle, here comes another truck! :lol:

Last night at 9:30 we're driving home thru the woods and come upon the familiar blue lights, and about 6 vehicles waiting - about a dozen blonds in shorts running around. Couple of vehicles missed that the road turned and were nose down in a ditch - get past them 1/4 mile and there's another blond in shorts waving her arms with a pickup 20 feet off the road sideways in a ditch - tow truck was coming so we kept going. Don't know what they were all up to...hopefully no-one was drinking.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 am

Pictures don't do it justice. Note that I am standing on a road that was built to go around the puddle. And the guy also drove past the puddle once on the higher road and got stuck heading back to the road. Also notice how high the top truck is on the guy standing behind the truck.

We also drive a ford so there was a lot of ford vs chevy jokes being thrown out there as well :lol:
cedarsavage
500 Club

Unread postby cedarsavage » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Jonny wrote:Image

Pictures don't do it justice. Note that I am standing on a road that was built to go around the puddle. And the guy also drove past the puddle once on the higher road and got stuck heading back to the road. Also notice how high the top truck is on the guy standing behind the truck.

We also drive a ford so there was a lot of ford vs chevy jokes being thrown out there as well :lol:

lol looks like someone needs a bailout (government motors joke)
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:20 pm

cedarsavage wrote:
Jonny wrote:Image

lol looks like someone needs a bailout (government motors joke)

:lol:
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Not related to stuck trucks, but many moons ago was up nort' gunning on public w/the regulars and heard a chainsaw all afternoon. Come darkness, time to go back to camp, found numerous trees across the trail. Made do and got out. Was'nt hard to figure out the culprit. Some people who hunt the same public for a long period think its theirs. Sometimes its not worth the confrontation.
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:18 pm

So I am on my way to a tree I named the "hellhole tree".
Right in the middle of a mosquito infested marsh..Long walk on a hot day..Sweatin like a pig..About half way there and gettin ready to enter the tails I see a 4 trunk white oak..Awesome tree..I walk by it all the time..Well this day I needed a break so I went over and set up..Comfy in the saddle I settle in watching a nice doe foraging around about 30 yards out.Nice day..

Then I hear crunch crunch crunch...Look over my shoulder I see some dude and his kid making a beeline for my tree..Giant bag of corn over his shoulder..Young kid carrying a crossbow..I decide to hold still and keep quiet thinking they may walk right on by..No sweat its public..Hope the kid shoots one..

Well the Dad walks right to the base of my tree..Stops...Looks at my sticks, then upward.." What the bleepin bleep you doin up in that tree you bleepin bleep head?!" Okaaaayyyyy..I respond ," Excuse me ?" " Are you friggin kidding me? Your son is right there man!.. ..Ground blind 50 yards to the south on the other side of some thick stuff..It gets better.

Often I am dropped off at my hunting locations..2 nights prior I met this guy, and his kid in the parking lot coming out...Normal conversation..Pleasant enough..He told me where he was hunting with his son...Said he was pushed out of his other spot whatever that means..I said no worries man..I am a ghost ..Good luck etc..

Back in the tree..
I respond.." First of all if I had any idea you were hunting around here I wouldnt be here.." Infact isnt this spot about 300 yards away from where you told me your blind was? " " Settle down and think rationally, your emabarrasing yourself and your son " . He shouts" you need to bleepin scout more!"

Ok .Now I am pissed..But I opt to try out the cool down method..Talk the down. I said , insert name , you dont know who the bleep your talking to..We had a perfectly pleasant conversation 2 nights ago..Your son needs to understand that not every person you meet in the woods is an a hole..So heres what we are going to do." Dont confuse this act of kindness as a sign of respect for you, but rather for your son..I will gladly climb down and move on for his sake and I hope he gets a deer..

So yeah, I did..Trust me that guy needed a you know what but its not worth it...So the moral of the story? Hunt your best spots where people dont go.Hunt the " Hellhole tree!"

Chad
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Lastcast#1 wrote:So I am on my way to a tree I named the "hellhole tree".
Right in the middle of a mosquito infested marsh..Long walk on a hot day..Sweatin like a pig..About half way there and gettin ready to enter the tails I see a 4 trunk white oak..Awesome tree..I walk by it all the time..Well this day I needed a break so I went over and set up..Comfy in the saddle I settle in watching a nice doe foraging around about 30 yards out.Nice day..

Then I hear crunch crunch crunch...Look over my shoulder I see some dude and his kid making a beeline for my tree..Giant bag of corn over his shoulder..Young kid carrying a crossbow..I decide to hold still and keep quiet thinking they may walk right on by..No sweat its public..Hope the kid shoots one..

Well the Dad walks right to the base of my tree..Stops...Looks at my sticks, then upward.." What the bleepin bleep you doin up in that tree you bleepin bleep head?!" Okaaaayyyyy..I respond ," Excuse me ?" " Are you friggin kidding me? Your son is right there man!.. ..Ground blind 50 yards to the south on the other side of some thick stuff..It gets better.

Often I am dropped off at my hunting locations..2 nights prior I met this guy, and his kid in the parking lot coming out...Normal conversation..Pleasant enough..He told me where he was hunting with his son...Said he was pushed out of his other spot whatever that means..I said no worries man..I am a ghost ..Good luck etc..

Back in the tree..
I respond.." First of all if I had any idea you were hunting around here I wouldnt be here.." Infact isnt this spot about 300 yards away from where you told me your blind was? " " Settle down and think rationally, your emabarrasing yourself and your son " . He shouts" you need to bleepin scout more!"

Ok .Now I am pissed..But I opt to try out the cool down method..Talk the down. I said , insert name , you dont know who the bleep your talking to..We had a perfectly pleasant conversation 2 nights ago..Your son needs to understand that not every person you meet in the woods is an a hole..So heres what we are going to do." Dont confuse this act of kindness as a sign of respect for you, but rather for your son..I will gladly climb down and move on for his sake and I hope he gets a deer..

So yeah, I did..Trust me that guy needed a you know what but its not worth it...So the moral of the story? Hunt your best spots where people dont go.Hunt the " Hellhole tree!"

Chad

What a world class jack wagon! I feel bad for his kid.
Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:
Lastcast#1 wrote:So I am on my way to a tree I named the "hellhole tree".

Back in the tree..

Chad

What a world class jack wagon! I feel bad for his kid.

Good job showing self control, Chad!

I agree and feel sorry for the kid, JM. The kid will either grow up to be a great guy and embarrassed of his Dad or he will grow up to be exactly the same as his old man. Only those two options.
Work hard, stay humble, be kind.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”