Inflatable Boats

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Inflatable Boats

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:52 am

FOUND THIS:
If anybody is interested?

Inflatable Zodiac Boat Raft Light! Easy! - $175

http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/boa/2071327287.html

oregon coast craigslist > for sale / wanted > boats
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Inflatable Zodiac Boat Raft Light! Easy! - $175 (Dora/Fairview/MP)
Date: 2010-11-20, 12:54PM PST
Reply to: sale-s49gc-2071327287@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

A versatile size and lightweight enough to transport, haul in and haul out by a hand (or two) will float two friends and their fishing poles quite comfortably ( rated for 3persons or 740lbs. life raft capability) on a drift down the creek or a float on the lake/bay with its set of collapsible aluminum/pvc oars ( fasten up a 3-4 HP motor to the sturdy transom to ease the upstream return trip) . Wooden slats slide in to provide a firm flooring. A foot pump and hose will quickly inflate each side of the boat individually and all stow in a sturdy water resistent duffel when not in use. Zodiac brand and quality made in France. In gently used condition with two small, effective patches.

We are hardworking, honest people (wishing to do business with the same)who are experiencing the pinch of the economy and the holiday season. We would like to give a great deal to someone who will safely use, appreciate and have some fun with this nice boat. Make offer of CASH ONLY or trade? Please only seriously interested parties contact us. 541-572-2686 Leave message as we often can't get to the phone quickly from outside.
• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2071327287

Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

If you guys keep looking, I'm sure you'll find a good used zodiak for cheap. The good thing is there's plenty of time, the water is hard now anyway.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:21 am

This might be a really dumb question, but are you ever concerned about spooking bucks your after with it. If so how do you avoid it, do you park it a long way from where you are hunting? What about someone possibly stealing it while you're hunting? What do you do to prevent that?
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 am

I prepared a short video I made on this years hunt. Dang it's hard to edit, I suck at it, so bear with me. It took me 1 1/2hours to make this... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBMZpn4k_k
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 pm

It says video is PRIVATE.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Dewey wrote:It says video is PRIVATE.

:oops: I switched it. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBMZpn4k_k
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Now that's a great way to get away from other people Spysar.
Thanks for sharing the video!
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:24 pm

bowhunter15 wrote:Main thing that's keeping me from getting a small canoe or kayak is that I would have no place to put it. I live in a small apartment.

You can store it at my house :D
Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:32 pm

Cool video Spysar!!
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 pm

yeah i didn't want the video to end either, i wanted to follow a guy who shot 4 big bucks in one year and learn something! thanks for sharing
When better is possible, good is never good enough
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Wow that's an awesome video! I recently got a free 15ft canoe and I purchased a 12foot aluminum boat a few years ago. The zodiak looks sweet though and quiet if I did more DEER hunting vs duck hunting from my boats I'd be tempted to switch. I think a good investment for alot of marsh and swamp hunters would be to look into getting an air cooled engine with your zodiak. Briggs and Straton makes a decent 5hp one that can be regularly found on craigslist for around 300 bucks.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 pm

Out of curiosity where do you employ these tactics? Not looking for specifics just state or country even? Seems like a good tactic for canadian areas. I can only think of one or two spots where a boat would be useful to access in the areas I hunt but none of them big water like you are showing in the video.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:54 am

It would work great in the marshes I hunt around S.E. Wisconsin... I also think it would be great for bear hunting in Northern Minnesota. Getting across a lake means getting away from all the other bear hunters baits and you can't haul enough bait in a canoe.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 am

BackWoodsHunter wrote:Out of curiosity where do you employ these tactics? Not looking for specifics just state or country even? Seems like a good tactic for canadian areas. I can only think of one or two spots where a boat would be useful to access in the areas I hunt but none of them big water like you are showing in the video.

I use it where ever there is public land on the water. The spot in the video is a dam on the Missouri river. Any big river system will have Army Corp of Engineers land. You can use the boat anywhere the water is about 2 feet deep(maybe less). If there was no motor, the boat only needs about 6" to float.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 am

nice! you should get one of those mud motors you could basically run the thing on dry land!! :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”