New Public Ground to Hunt

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pichy

New Public Ground to Hunt

Unread postby Pichy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:01 am

Figured out how to post the map. Anyway, I am looking for advice on where you guys think might be good pinch points, buck beds, etc. on this state property. North is up, and winds are west and southwest. I haven't yet scouted it yet, but am excited to do it. It's a bow only area, with fairly light pressure, though there are hiking/biking trails here and there. Thanks!

Beast-Mode

Re: New Public Ground to Hunt

Unread postby Beast-Mode » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Do you have a topo you could post? It looks like it has potential.

This site has some nice features including topos: http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:13 pm

dans wrote:Do you have a topo you could post? It looks like it has potential.

This site has some nice features including topos: http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php

that is a topo :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Beast-Mode

Unread postby Beast-Mode » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:57 am

My bad I always thought that kind of map was refereed to as terrain and and the maps that showed more detail were called topo I guess they really are the same thing, I was trying to bump it for him.
Pichy

Unread postby Pichy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks for the bump. It does have potential, but I can't scout it for a while. Just had shoulder surgery (due to archery injury in 2012). Hoping to hit it hard in the spring.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:34 am

I marked potential bedding with red dots, and a yellow dot where I think would be a good spot for rut cruising if pressure is low.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:09 pm

dans wrote:My bad I always thought that kind of map was refereed to as terrain and and the maps that showed more detail were called topo I guess they really are the same thing, I was trying to bump it for him.

You are right. It is a terrain map. A terrain map is a 3D model of a topographic map. Generally speaking when somebody asks for a topo they are not talking about terrain map. For some people a terrain map is easier to read and understand the basic lay of the land. For others a topo is easier. Plus topo's show better detail.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”