Hunting new property - need aerial scouting advice

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Hunting new property - need aerial scouting advice

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:35 pm

I stumbled upon a couple new properties over the weekend and wanted to see your guys' input on how you would set up/ approach hunting these with no previous scouting done. Both spots are state owned, very minimal hunter trails, and only one parking location each. Wherever you don't see trees it is very thick brush and cattails. Its got cropland adjacent to the south and Residential/ Industrial on the East and West sides of the properties.

Buckfever
500 Club

Re: Hunting new property - need aerial scouting advice

Unread postby Buckfever » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:09 pm

On the first one the only thing for sure is that the crop land will be a food source draw and so I'd probably start looking on the south end for bedding/ staging areas(concentrated areas of rubs).

The second one I'd look at the south east point as the bedding spot and come in from the west and setup right around the cut maybe just past it although that might be pushing it. Maybe come up the cut and set up past the trail there a bit.

I also like the bottom in the drainage East , North East of the point right in the neck of the bend or slightly north, I'd look for staging all around there.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”