I gotta vent a little

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

I gotta vent a little

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:53 am

I know it's my fault for not doing the research but come on man. I want to spend my time hunting not studying the gazillion zones, seasons, weapon, and restrictions within certain areas within zones to understand what I can shoot.
The other day I grabbed my bow and went looking for a track to follow. I finally found a track that was interesting enough to follow so off I go. I set a strong pace and slid right along. I didn't go far when I spotted a deer right in front of me. I froze and slowly sank down and nocked an arrow. Then I saw another deer and another and yet one more. Two does and two fawns all within 20 yards. I was hunting bucks and didn't consider this senerio. I wanted so bad to smoke one of the does but then it hit me. I don't know if I can shoot. Well, I didn't know so I had to pass. I wanted a doe for canning and I guess I'll have to get my degree in Wis deer regulations and hit the woods again. :roll:

backstraps

Re: I gotta vent a little

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 am

I can understand! I hate the long list of regulations. I know my state doesnt have as many as you guys. But like you said I would have to sit down and cram like studying for an exam to have a good feeling I "know" whats what.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:35 am

I agree Todd... Its getting hard for the guy who don't just hunt the same area over and over...
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:10 pm

I agree. they make it so much more difficult than it has to be.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 am

I hear you Todd. I thought you could shoot a doe with the bow in any zone? Even the buck only gun zones not sure myself, but I think so?
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am

This is the one thing I really like about Florida, seasons are so simple and very little overlap with multiple species being hunted.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:12 am

I hear you. I read and re-read the regs and still question what season I am in. I think when I started hunting, they had the "traditional" hunting seasons in Wisconsin. Then some time around the late 90s or early 2000s they did that first stupid T zone hunt and it was all down hill from there. I even remember when you had to apply for your hunters choice. Now between my gun and bow licenses, I get five tags and that doesn't even count the four free CWD tags I can get every day. Sorry, I am getting off on another tangent, but I agree 100% that Wisconsin's regs need simplification!
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm

The regulations are becoming a pain.. I check em over and call the dnr and get proof that everythings legit and info on whats changed. Seems like every year my area gets new rules or this n that... :doh:
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Black Squirrel wrote:I hear you Todd. I thought you could shoot a doe with the bow in any zone? Even the buck only gun zones not sure myself, but I think so?

Nope...My unit has 450 antlerless tags for which I don't have one. It's just a plain management unit so your archery antlerless tag that comes with your lisence wouldn't work. Has to be used in a herd control or cwd unit. You need a 12 dollar bonus tag to shoot a doe in my unit...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:50 am

Public Land Beast wrote:
Black Squirrel wrote:I hear you Todd. I thought you could shoot a doe with the bow in any zone? Even the buck only gun zones not sure myself, but I think so?

Nope...My unit has 450 antlerless tags for which I don't have one. It's just a plain management unit so your archery antlerless tag that comes with your lisence wouldn't work. Has to be used in a herd control or cwd unit. You need a 12 dollar bonus tag to shoot a doe in my unit...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

My bad, thanks for the clarification, Dave.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”