Close encounters of the BIG BUCK kind......

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Goober

Close encounters of the BIG BUCK kind......

Unread postby Goober » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 am

My wife learned a hard lesson the other night, one that I am sure many of us have learned the hard way ourselves. Last Sunday, we went to my parents farm in SW WI. It was a beautiful day, and she has pretty limited days to hunt, we decided to head out to sit at about 11 a.m. 1 p.m. it rains hard for about 1 p.m. it rained hard for about 10 minutes, then got really nice again. Then right as the sun set over the horizen, it started to cloud up again and lightning. She hadn't seen anything, and really had to tinkle, so she lowered her bow down about 15 minutes before the end of legal light. She took one step down with her climbing stand, and then he came crashing through the brush and showed up in her shooting lane as she hugged the tree. No time to adjust or pull the bow back up, just freeze and hope he didn't bust her. The buck she described I am positive is an 11 pointer I watched with binos in our alfalfa field a dozen times this year, that is right where he was coming from, and why I put her there. He is about 19-20" inside and has a spilt G2 on one side!!!! Man, I wish she could have poked him!!!!!

On the bright side, this encounter made an addict out of her. We have been fighting about going to a stupid halloween house party that she drags me to every year, and I hate it. The morning after that hunt, she called her friend and said we can't make it, because she was going trick-or-treating for a horny one!! SWEET!!!!

lynchpin

Re: Close encounters of the BIG BUCK kind......

Unread postby lynchpin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 am

Great story! Trick or Treat!
go DEEP or go HOME

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”