Rut reports...........

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Schultzy
500 Club

Re: Rut reports...........

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:05 am

Saw the buck I've been hunting again last night. Had him at 30 yards, tad too far. He was walking a few yards In back of 2 doe's. This all happened at 4:45. Their moving earlier here anyway.

rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:48 am

Nov 1 evening just when the sun started going down had two younger bucks running does actin crazy!!! Right at dark had one behind me that was gruntin and chasin for about twenty minutes. Nice deep grunt too! wish I could have seen what he was. But things are comin alive.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:25 am

i seen 3 differant bucks today all up on there feet on downwind side of doe bedding areas. between 1 and 3 oclock.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Z7WIBoy

Unread postby Z7WIBoy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Sat all day and at 5:30 crash bang pop a doe with a mature 8 I have been after crashing her hard and fast. Came in to 25 yards but nothing would stop her or him. Got the blood pumping - only deer today unless u count the spike grunting this morning at 30 yards

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Platinum PETA Member
(People Eating Tasty Animals)
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:04 am

sat this morning til about 11 on the downwind side of doe bedding and didn't see or hear anything. Had a doe cross the street as I was parking and she was moving slow like she's been chased all night. Gonna get close to a buck bed I have good conditions for this aft with close doe bedding...his bed is about 70 yards away, hopefully he comes my way and stages before going to check out doe bedding
When better is possible, good is never good enough
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:39 am

I did not go this morning as I had to work, but talked to 3 of my friends that hunted. None of the three saw a deer all morning.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 am

dreaming bucks wrote:I did not go this morning as I had to work, but talked to 3 of my friends that hunted. None of the three saw a deer all morning.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

okay I don't feel so bad anymore :) hopefully tonight it will pick up over here in scrub country
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 am

Saw a dozen or so deer this morning. A nice looking 1.5 year old 6 point was a chasing machine all morning till about 10:00. I heard another grunt from a different buck but never saw him. Heading back out to another spot In a couple hours. Got a good feeling about tonight.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:50 am

just stalked a big doe with her fawn that were feeding on the crp grass behind my parents house....I tried to sneak out the squeeky front door with my bow and rangefinder and get a shot over the hood of the tahoe, but they must have heard me come out :doh: :mrgreen: no bucks with them, better luck tonight!
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:52 am

nothin doin' tonight by me, the neighbors dogs were going nuts in 10 minute intervals....sat til awhile past dark but nothin' showed. Goin to hunt here again tomorrow morning then head on down to the farm. yeehaw :dance:
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Schultzy wrote:Saw a dozen or so deer this morning. A nice looking 1.5 year old 6 point was a chasing machine all morning till about 10:00. I heard another grunt from a different buck but never saw him. Heading back out to another spot In a couple hours. [glow=red]Got a good feeling about tonight[/glow].
I jinxed myself. Saw 2 small bucks and 3 doe's tonight. No sight of the big guy.
DeereGuy

Unread postby DeereGuy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:26 pm

The little guys are chasing pretty hard here now...started last weekend and picked up all week. Got off early this afternoon to hunt but came down with a bug and went to bed....hope to be up early am to get out.
Be safe and enjoy!
Bob
2011 Parker Enforcer
1976 Bear Kodaik Magum Recurve
Summit Viper SD climber
Ameritech Stackhouse ground blind
Grim Reaper 100gr. Razor Cut SS 3 blade 1.75 broadheads
2 Wildgame D8 trail cams
Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 RF
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 pm

After seeing only one deer in my last 6 outings I finally got on some deer today. I hunted all day near doe bedding and saw three 1 1/2 y/o bucks and eight does throughout the day. I didn't notice any chasing the bucks were just lurking. It was good to have some action at least.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm

had a gaint sneek in behind me today. must of followed my scent drag but on the oppisite side of the creek down wind. was hunting the ground and had him 15 yards directly down wind of me for about 2 minutes sniffing the air. scent control must be working somewhat good, he did finally figure something didnt smell right and turned and when back the way he came from. one of the biggest bucks i have ever seen while hunting, ever. had me shook up for awhile but good to see the big boys up moving during shooting hours. seen him at 5:15.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
lynchpin

Unread postby lynchpin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Slow in the morning today...saw five deer and one buck before 10 am. Left stand because it was slow... saw two 3.5 year old deer cruising for does in the fields at 1230 and 130 cst. Quickly headed back to the woods. Within one hour... had a mature 5 year old and a 3.5 year old chasing a mature doe... at 5pm the 5 year old mounted and succeeded with the doe. (she didn't bust off right away... so assuming he succeeded) He looks to be 160 class buck. He got my heart pumping... he wouldn't leave her side after mating.. I felt bad for the 130 class 3.5 year old... he and I just watched the mature buck do his thing!

Hoping to get a shot at him in the late morning.. can't make it out early...
go DEEP or go HOME

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”