Fisher steals my deer !

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hilts

Re: Fisher steals my deer !

Unread postby Hilts » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:31 am

Dude....A 30 lber??? They don't get anywhere near that big.

He made the full grown house cat he was carrying in his mouth look small. And like I said he was standing on my door step... I got a pretty good look at him ;)

huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:36 am

Wow!!! did not know they were that ornery!!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 am

Hilts wrote:
Dude....A 30 lber??? They don't get anywhere near that big.

He made the full grown house cat he was carrying in his mouth look small. And like I said he was standing on my door step... I got a pretty good look at him ;)

We have quite a few where I live, so I've seen many. Anyway, read this (or any other info you can find)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

They don't get to be 30lbs. That would be the equivalent of a 450lb deer. And I'm not saying that one didn't chase you, but that would be extremly abnormal behavior. Oh, and I'm not trying to start a quarrel with you, just telling it like it is.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:10 pm

I have to aplogize to Hiltz for a post he made the other day about a Fisher that came at him. I questioned that a little,just being honest.But seeing is believing ,cause out in a Public Marsh today,I heard a growling ,crazy noise coming at me from behind some red brush ,I did some pretty quick moving in the other direction,but it was a damn FISHER .He closed the distance between us to about 15 feet then turned and ran back wherever it was he came from. I nearly had a heart attack.I always thought a bear or mountain lion or something bigger would get the best of me ,I was VERY wrong.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I apoligize to Hilts too. Apparently they are agressive towards people sometimes.( too many people here have had an experience) I'm no where near a fisher expert, all I know is what I've seen and read about them. I thought 30 lbs was a little big, but I have no real proof and didn't see what he saw. :oops:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Hilts

Unread postby Hilts » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 am

No problem guys. I'd be skeptical too, had I not experienced it myself. 4-6lbs for an average weight seems small compared the majority of the ones that I have seen. Maybe they weigh up lighter than they look?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”