Fred Bear interview

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Fred Bear interview

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 am

Fred was the man. Helped make archery what it is today.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 am

Of all the former and present hunters out there, Fred would be my 1st choice to sit back and listen to the stories he has to share. He lived a lifestyle that was so interesting.
BookBuck

Unread postby BookBuck » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 am

Very nice post and videos. There is something about Fred Bear that just strikes a wonderful chord with me! Anyway, here is an additional clip with Fred Bear and his lifelong pal, Bob Munger, at Grousehaven very late in Fred Bears life. "Shoot straight" was a favorite "archery saying" of his, however after saying that in this interview, it seems as if he gives a real heartfelt assessment of what he feels folks can take from the experience of hunting with archery equipment. I hope that you all enjoy this addition to these clips.

{You have to "click" up at the top of this image where it says "image resized......." to get it to play or on the link at the bottom of the image.}
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/546/7xim.mp4/
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for posting that video BookBuck. I saw that one awhile back but couldn't find it again.

Very wise words there as usual from Fred.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”