score this whitetail

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Re: score this whitetail

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 am

164 5/8" very long brow's and g-2's, and 3's...... I saw a buck last year that got hit by a car, that looked very similar to this buck.... It ended up at 165". Good luck getting him !

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 am

Well for grins I actually did some "educated guessing" and came up with 150-155 gross. He does have really nice brows and I almost think "deceptively great" G2's because they look really long compared to shorter G3's and 4's.

End result, shoot him this year, he will likely push mid to upper 60's, and if I'm too conservative he will be Boone.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:10 am

I would guess that deer right around 160" plus or minus 5"

I would guess he is at least 4 or 5yr old
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:32 am

I guessed him at 152". He's not very wide and isn't heavy in mass,the velvet adds alot. He looks 5.5 years old in the pic because of his body and still being in velvet looking like that with his rump narrow and deep chested. He has belly sag beyond being stuffed full of summer browse.
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:36 am

muddy wrote:
bighunt wrote: low 140 s at least :shock:

I am not trying to hijack your thread by any means but here's the same buck I pictured, except head on. In my opinion you can rarely get close to a score in velvet unless he is head on and somewhat close. Not even ear wide, nothing longer than 8 inches or so, he was 130 give or take a couple inches.

I came up with 129" with that pic.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:41 am

this is tricky the bottom pic looks blown up to me so im going by the top pic which appears to be true in size and from what i know from the bottom pic, im saying low 140's but whatever the case i usually see a big jump in real life, in other words pics never do deer justice i have almost always found that a real sighting of a deer or dead ,the deer is bigger than the pic shows.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 am

tim wrote:this is tricky the bottom pic looks blown up to me so im going by the top pic which appears to be true in size and from what i know from the bottom pic, im saying low 140's but whatever the case i usually see a big jump in real life, in other words pics never do deer justice i have almost always found that a real sighting of a deer or dead ,the deer is bigger than the pic shows.

I agree 100% especially when looking at mass
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 am

I don't know guys I think that deer is 4 1/2 yrs and solid 160. A STUD 8 pointer in anyones book!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 am

I can't tell if he's a 9 or a 10, assuming he's a 10 i would say 155"...4.5 year old
When better is possible, good is never good enough
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 pm

tim wrote:this is tricky the bottom pic looks blown up to me so im going by the top pic which appears to be true in size and from what i know from the bottom pic, im saying low 140's but whatever the case i usually see a big jump in real life, in other words pics never do deer justice i have almost always found that a real sighting of a deer or dead ,the deer is bigger than the pic shows.

The pictures make it look like 2 different deer becasue of the odd angle of the first pic, also the bottom pic looks blown up as Tim said.

If I were to score just from the top pic I would say upper 130's trail cam pics. are decieving because of the distance from the camera, bad angles, etc....... i don't think you can get an accurate score on any deer from a trail cam picture unless the deer is posed perfectly and the proper distance from the camera.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”