TRICKY SITUATION

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

TRICKY SITUATION

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:01 pm

i got a buck bedding close to a feild just 80 yards in off a point on the lee side of the hill. problem is i dont think hes stageing then going down to feed, i think hes stages till dark then works his way back to the feild to feed.
maby the key factor is , in between the bed and the feild is a water hole
what do you beasts think?

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: TRICKY SITUATION

Unread postby dan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

I could easily see him stopping at the water hole till dark... I have seen that many times. Can you get close enough 6to the water hole to hunt it?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

dan wrote:I could easily see him stopping at the water hole till dark... I have seen that many times. Can you get close enough 6to the water hole to hunt it?

yes i can on the right wind accessing it would be hard though cause its bedded there on a south east, east wind . if i attempted accessing it straight on, my wind would cross paths with the deer so i would have to come the back way
tricky situation
i got pics but dont know how to admit to web sight to show you! :?
im new at the computer thing :oops:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am

Whatever you do don't take any short cuts, use that back way, you won't regret it even if you don't score.

I have one buck bedding area that I actually park my truck about 400 yards away, there is a river in between us so the bucks still feel plenty safe. I thought about taking a shortcut to save time but it was too much of a risk, I could have bumped other deer or the buck could have spotted me. I ended up make a big 1.4 mile loop to hunt this area, first time in it paid off.

I know others have used this line in the past and it does help keep you sharp, you have to ask yourself "what would Dan do?"

I'm not sure why but I felt this "what would dan do" post needed a picture.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:33 am

headgear wrote:Whatever you do don't take any short cuts, use that back way, you won't regret it even if you don't score.

I have one buck bedding area that I actually park my truck about 400 yards away, there is a river in between us so the bucks still feel plenty safe. I thought about taking a shortcut to save time but it was too much of a risk, I could have bumped other deer or the buck could have spotted me. I ended up make a big 1.4 mile loop to hunt this area, first time in it paid off.

I know others have used this line in the past and it does help keep you sharp, you have to ask yourself "what would Dan do?"

I'm not sure why but I felt this "what would dan do" post needed a picture.

THERE IT IS! THE MAGIC PIXIE DUST!!!!! I knew he had some secret weapon for accessing his spots undetected. Thanks for shedding some light on that headgear. Hahaha
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”