Anybody glassing yet?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stuart
500 Club

Re: Anybody glassing yet?

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 am

What is the best way to glass off a ridge down into a marsh when there are trees and leaves in the way of seeing what you want to? I have not been glassing this property yet but I think I will run into this problem. :? Should I take my Lone Wolf and get up the tree, so i can look down on the marsh from about 200 yards away?

Dan you said you glassed the buck that you killed the first night in "One Hour Deer Season" is this a similar situation?

What can you do if you are not sure where the deer will be moving, where to sit looking down on the marsh?

Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 pm

dan wrote:Gas prices effecting anybodys glassing or shining?

Yeah it does for me. I park my 4 x4 back home, and make the commute in my little car.And if for some reason I need the 4 x 4 it, s right there, ready to go.I know I m saving about $ 200.00 a month just driving my little car.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Dan you said you glassed the buck that you killed the first night in "One Hour Deer Season" is this a similar situation?

What can you do if you are not sure where the deer will be moving, where to sit looking down on the marsh?

Yes... I did glass that buck from a hill looking down at his bedding area, but in most cases that may be a bit too naggressive unless you have a situation where he can't see, smell, or easily get to the position your glassing from... My suggestion would be to glass fields right now and stay away from the bedding areas till kill time unless you are not sure exactly where they are, or how your going to hunt them.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 am

I'm going to start going out a lot by this next weekend. Even If I don't see any big bucks its always fun filming everything else. I have trail cameras out right now! I'm so pumped that deer hunting is only about 3 months away, but on the other hand EVERY year I feel as though I should have done more, some how some way.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 am

I plan to start tomorrow evening after shooting the bow, the bull and drinking some cold ones with a few buddies. Looking forward to it!
You can't kill em on the couch

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”